User talk:Anonymous Dissident
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
--SieBot 10:35, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
- 1 Spherical Wedge
- 2 That Latuff cartoon
- 3 See here
- 4 Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Dagestani man and woman.jpg
- 5 Thank you
- 6 Today in images
- 7 Small deletion problem
- 8 Copyright violations
- 9 I suppose you meant to write "kept"?
- 10 Why interference Category:Gastronomy?
- 11 Commons:Deletion requests/File:IDIC.svg
- 12 Commons:Deletion requests/File:Christmas crib.jpg
- 13 File still exists
- 14 File removing
- 15 Seasonal greetings
- 16 Forgot one
- 17 Gull idents
- 18 Tip: Categorizing images
- 19 We need your help at the Wikiproject medicine
- 20 File:Sysopdeleteform.png
That Latuff cartoon
The discussion also mentioned changing the categories of this image should it be kept. Since you weren't part of the discussion and since you are the one who closed the discussion, it would be best if you remove irrelevant categories from this image as discussed. Drork (talk) 10:10, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you for pointing this out. I've removed all but the Carlos Latuff category. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 10:14, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you very much. Drork (talk) 10:19, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry for being a nag, but please note that Pieter Kuiper try to revert your edit. I re-reverted him, but I wouldn't like to do it anymore, since I was part of that discussion. Drork (talk) 10:43, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thank you very much. Drork (talk) 10:19, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
Commons:Administrators' noticeboard/User problems#User:Adambro Drork (talk) 14:52, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
Today in images
Small deletion problem
Thanks for deleting my redundant maps. A small problem though: CommonsDelinker seems to have edited File:Rondebosch OSM map 873px.png after the deletion, resurrecting the page (though not the actual image). Would you mind going back and deleting it again? Thanks, Htonl (talk) 18:24, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
I believe the majority of these terrain maps with roads here
were taken from MICROSOFT ENCARTA VIRTUAL GLOBE 1998 Edition.
GabrielVelasquez (talk) 20:18, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
I suppose you meant to write "kept"?
In Commons:Deletion requests/File:ARA Belgrano sinking.jpg - because that is what you wrote on the file's talk page. Regards, /Pieter Kuiper (talk) 13:36, 2 October 2009 (UTC)
- Indeed, I meant for kept. Thanks for fixing that for me. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 08:39, 4 October 2009 (UTC)
Why interference Category:Gastronomy?
Hello Anonymous Dissident, this request was incomplete, nobody notified the uploader Eleassar about it. I'd suggest you to reopen it and restore the image and notify the user or I can do it if you don't mind. Regards. Anna (Cookie) (talk) 21:41, 31 October 2009 (UTC)
- It's up to you. I don't think it will materially affect the request, but I won't stop you if you feel compelled to re-open it. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 13:16, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
File still exists
- Noted and rectified. Thanks. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 23:44, 7 November 2009 (UTC)
- Another one is File:Fourniéjulien6.jpg. Something odd must have happened there when you closed the mass DR: the file is gone, but its page still exists. CommonsDelinker did not remove this from the wikipedias where it is used. /Pieter Kuiper (talk) 21:44, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
Concerning this deletion debate: Commons:Deletion requests/Images of Lil scrapy. Do you have forgotten to delete this image ? Or will this file be kept? A.Hakansson (talk) 15:47, 14 November 2009 (UTC)
- Kept. It would appear to have potential for use. —Anonymous DissidentTalk 14:14, 20 November 2009 (UTC)
Hi, in closing Commons:Deletion requests/File:Contempra Telephone.JPG, you forgot to delete File:Contempra Telephone.JPG. Regards, /Pieter Kuiper (talk) 00:27, 11 January 2010 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:WaimanguVolcanicRiftValleyNZ20100111-2.JPG was uncategorized on 20 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:WaimanguVolcanicRiftValleyNZ20100111-4.JPG was uncategorized on 20 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:WaimanguVolcanicRiftValleyNZ20100111-1.JPG was uncategorized on 20 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:WaimanguVolcanicRiftValleyNZ20100111-3.JPG was uncategorized on 20 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 21 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:SevenMileBeach(Forster)NSW20100911-1.JPG was uncategorized on 13 September 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 14 September 2010 (UTC)
We need your help at the Wikiproject medicine
Hello, On the behalf of the Wikiproject medicine at the en.wikipedia, I am inviting you to be a part of the discussion going on the project's talk page about Patient images, The discussion started after I obtained a permission to more than 23000 dermatology related images, and about 1500 radiology images. As some editors of the Wikiproject medicine have some concerns regarding the policy of using patient images on wikipedia, and regarding patient consents. And they believe that commons policy is not so clear regarding the subject. So since you are the experts please join us at this very important discussion -- MaenK.A.Talk 13:46, 20 March 2010 (UTC)
File:Sysopdeleteform.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
188.8.131.52 06:29, 18 May 2018 (UTC)