User talk:Antobbo pix
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Antobbo pix!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Heron close up.JPG was uncategorized on 3 February 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 4 February 2011 (UTC)
Hi, Antobbo pix, please don't over-categorize your images. For instance in your File:Fireworks31.JPG you categorized:
- Category:Fireworks in the United Kingdom: ok.
- Category:Fireworks: not ok, over-categorized as this is a parent category of Category:Fireworks in the United Kingdom.
- Category:Pyrotechnics: not ok, over-categorized as this is a parent category of Category:Fireworks.
- Category:Firecrackers: wrong, as no firecracker is shown. Acc. to the category description a firecracker (also known as a cracker, noise maker, or banger) is a small explosive device primarily designed to produce a large amount of noise, especially in the form of a loud bang; any visual effect is incidental to this goal.})