|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Tilikum, a canoa dug-out by Nootkas Amerindians, rigged by Jack Voss in 1901
- 2 Licensing:
- 3 Tip: Categorizing images
- 4 TUSC token 8bc58ff56fcfe417407d71462cbbc280
- 5 File source is not properly indicated: File:Edgar_Hoover_about_25_years_old.JPG
- 6 File tagging File:Shibumi_book_by_Trevanian_papercover_.jpg
- 7 File tagging File:Cave_Shibumi_Trevanian_sketch.jpg
- 8 Try to deposit a photo
- 9 Sunday 2013 october 13 & 15
- 10 WOTD Wiktionary : Hello, in french, we call "monochrome"
- 11 To Jarekt, about my badly-licensed or un-licensed images
- 12 @ Jarekt : is this actor Stephen Tompkinson ?
- 13 Recherche images viol dans peinture ou sculpture de l'Inde
- 14 @ Adam Cuerden : Waud's McPhersonville "combustion"
- 15 Notification about possible deletion
Tilikum, a canoa dug-out by Nootkas Amerindians, rigged by Jack Voss in 1901
ready to sail the Oceans
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Northwestcoast amerindian bestiary.JPG is uncategorized since 29 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:38, 30 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Solitude at dusk.jpg was uncategorized on 29 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 30 October 2010 (UTC)
- Image:One out of ten sweater.jpg was uncategorized on 29 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:36, 30 October 2010 (UTC)
TUSC token 8bc58ff56fcfe417407d71462cbbc280
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
File source is not properly indicated: File:Edgar_Hoover_about_25_years_old.JPG
|This media was probably deleted.|
A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Edgar_Hoover_about_25_years_old.JPG, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.Please add the required information for this and other files you have uploaded before adding more files. If you need assistance, please ask at the help desk. Thank you!
File tagging File:Shibumi_book_by_Trevanian_papercover_.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
Thanks for uploading File:Shibumi_book_by_Trevanian_papercover_.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself. undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
File tagging File:Cave_Shibumi_Trevanian_sketch.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
Thanks for uploading File:Cave_Shibumi_Trevanian_sketch.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself. undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
Try to deposit a photo
- 2/ Limber & gun : OK
- 3/ Max von Oppenheim thumb|left : nix
Sunday 2013 october 13 & 15
- File:Primroses in a lawn april.jpeg
- File:Opilion stalking lavender sunset September.jpeg
- File:Lake Geneva south shore French small port.jpeg
- File:Lake Geneva Yvoire point winter.jpeg
- File:Lake Geneva 110 years after Hodler.jpeg
WOTD Wiktionary : Hello, in french, we call "monochrome"
this kind of painting ( as those painted by Y. Klein or Rodtchenko). A black & white photo is called "épreuve noir-et-blanc" , and if it comes from some modern device like an echograph, it may be "avec échelle des gris" (grayscaling). T.y.
To Jarekt, about my badly-licensed or un-licensed images
(mainly my images of Lake Léman, & others). Thank you Jarekt for warning me kindly about my blunder. Since I'm afraid I shan't be able to do it properly by myself, could you add the correct license authorizing everyone to use those JPG in Wikipedia without restriction. Of course this goes too for all the images I formerly deposited on WP Commons & happened to mis-license or not license : since I gave them, they are for everybody to use in WP. Thanks a lot for your work, & best wishes for 2014 (I understand you are a cleaner & maintainer, so Anima ! as they say in spanish). Thanks, Znadrovié, & t;y Arapaima (talk) 07:33, 10 January 2014 (UTC)
- I copied license I found in your other files to the 3 I found, so it should be all fixed now. I am a cleaner & maintainer that specializes in dealing with files without licenses, that never had it or lost it. Part of the task is to alert people then there is some issue with their process that live images without licenses, so they will be aware of it next time they contribute. Thanks for your contributions. --Jarekt (talk) 13:13, 10 January 2014 (UTC)
@ Jarekt : is this actor Stephen Tompkinson ?
arab saying : " You always ride a horse who gallops"
Hello Jarekt ! Hope you are OK & well. I have lately been entranced by british TV series “DCI Banks” , & I'd like to add main actor's Stephen Tompkinson mugshot to the Wikipedia article about him. Do you think this is him ? He looks a lot older in the TV series, but he impersonates there a senior investigating officer worn out by overwork & the world's villainy. I'd like to be sure before blundering (once more) on WP...Hope you can verify (or tell me how to do it). Thanks a lot beforehand & best regards, t.y. Arapaima (talk) 09:19, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
Recherche images viol dans peinture ou sculpture de l'Inde
Hello les iconophiles ! Pour illustrer le gros pb social actuel qu'est le viol en Inde, je cherche des représentations anciennes du crime en question, mais n'en trouve pas (alors qu'elles sont courantes dans l'icono. japonaise) . Une recherche "rape India" ne me donne que des photos des manifestations de décembre 2012, et un diagramme évocateur. Pouvez-vous m'aider ? D'avance merci Arapaima (talk) 05:47, 9 February 2014 (UTC)
@ Adam Cuerden : Waud's McPhersonville "combustion"
Thanks Adam for your work on Waud's engraving & the fine result. As for the legend, in french we would describe it as "L'incendie du fort de McPhersonville" since incendie evoques for us the voluntary act of destroying by fire, while combustion is only the physico-chemical result of the oxydation reaction. Speaking of Waud, have you seen his sketch about the battle of the Crater ? Just have a glance at the surprising drawing of the black soldier's feet & mouth ( left bottom)... (I used it in WP, in my french version of "Military history of African Americans in the American Civil War") . T.y. , Arapaima (talk) 08:40, 24 March 2014 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
Yours sincerely, /St1995 15:10, 25 June 2017 (UTC)