More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 11:06, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:132415 191504590862948 100000102240155 788661 3413193 o.jpg was uncategorized on 24 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 25 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Arroyo High School.png was uncategorized on 24 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:48, 25 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Arroyo High School Marching Band.jpg was uncategorized on 13 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:33, 14 October 2011 (UTC)
|File:Arroyo_High_School.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
220.127.116.11 03:31, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
|File:Arroyo High School Marching Band.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may find Commons:Copyright rules useful. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
Copyright status: File:Arroyo High School 2.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Arroyo High School 2.jpg. I notice that the file page either doesn't contain enough information about the license or it contains contradictory information about the license, so the copyright status is unclear.
Hi, I'm just letting you know I renamed a file you uploaded from File:132415 191504590862948 100000102240155 788661 3413193 o.jpg to File:Arroyo High School 2011.jpg since it did not have a meaningful name previously. Mikemoral♪♫ 19:55, 18 April 2013 (UTC)