More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:41, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Corps of Staff Cadets Unit Colour Patch.jpg is uncategorized since 22 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:41, 23 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:2 7 Cav Cdo Regt Unit Colour Patch 2.JPG is uncategorized since 1 March 2009. BotMultichillT 05:41, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:2nd 9th Battalion AIF UCP.PNG was uncategorized on 17 October 2009.
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. Bidgee (talk) 09:26, 23 May 2012 (UTC)