More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
-- 12:30, 5 December 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Pratik Lahoti.ogg was uncategorized on 13 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 14 January 2012 (UTC)
- Image:Premchand.ogg was uncategorized on 25 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 26 January 2012 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Minor barnstar|
|For 60+ pronunciations on Wikimedia Commons on Jan 15. !!! Keep it up !!! Naveenpf (talk) 15:29, 15 January 2012 (UTC)|
|Hello, BPositive. You have new messages at Jobin RV's talk page.
Please test the new feature Special:PageMigration
As a Google Summer of Code Intern, I have been working on the Mass Migration tools project for Wikimedia. We are now ready with a minimal working product. The tool helps translators and translation administrators import the old translations into the Translate Extension.
An instance of the same has been set up on labs. You can find some useful instructions on the main page.
Please test the tool and report bugs/suggestions using the link provided on the main page itself. You can have a look at the tracking bug to check already reported bugs.