User talk:Backslash Forwardslash
Note: As en. is my home wiki, if you leave me a note here, I may not notice it for a while. You are almost certainly going to get a quicker response on my Wikipedia talk page
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
—Giggy 08:10, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 05:39, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:KingsburyfamilyVC.jpg is uncategorized since 24 January 2009. BotMultichillT 05:39, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:TessGerritsen.jpg is uncategorized since 25 January 2009. BotMultichillT 05:40, 26 January 2009 (UTC)
Please, talkback notices like these are completely unnecessary, and I suspect that I am not the only one who does not wish to be notified when other people write something in a deletion discussion that someone took part in. Such changes show up on my watchlist, that is what watchlists are for. /Pieter Kuiper (talk) 21:59, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
File:Australiadayprotest.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
126.96.36.199 07:24, 26 January 2011 (UTC)