I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated one of you lynx kittens on Featured Picture Candidates on the English Wikipedia. In fact most of your lynx pictures are rather nice and it was difficult to decide which to choose. -- Solipsist 19:50, 10 July 2005 (UTC)
- Hi again Bernard,
- In case you are still reading occaisionally, I thought you might like to know that your photograph Image:Lynx kitten.jpg is up for Picture of the Day on the English Wikipedia. You can check the caption at w:Wikipedia:Picture of the day/October 13, 2005. -- Solipsist 18:28, 12 October 2005 (UTC)
- 1 En Picture of the Day 2
- 2 Image:Lynx kitten.jpg
- 3 any chance you could multi-license one of your contributions.
- 4 Commons Picture of the Year 2006 Competition
- 5 More information on File:Uncia uncia.jpg?
- 6 COP15 Climate Conference
- 7 We used your image from Commons
- 8 Thank You for the Wikipedia Picture
- 9 Thank you
- 10 Eurasian Lynx (Lynx lynx) picture
En Picture of the Day 2
Just to let you know that one of your other photos Image:Red Panda.JPG is up for Pic of the Day on the English Wikipedia tomorrow. If you get a chance, you can check and improve the caption at w:Wikipedia:Picture of the day/November 1, 2005. -- Solipsist 13:33, 31 October 2005 (UTC)
The image Image:Lynx kitten.jpg is up for delisting. I really don't want it to lose it's FP statue so I really hope that you could upload a bigger resolution of the image. Thank you --Arad 01:57, 21 November 2006 (UTC)
any chance you could multi-license one of your contributions.
User:Stemonitis has put together a composite image which is used in the infobox on the main animal article (Image:Animalia diversity.jpg) and marked it as "Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 2.5". One of the images is a cropped version of Image:Panthera tigris.jpg which was taken by you and marked as GFDL only making the composite image a license violation. If you are prepared to multi-license your contributions then please re-tag your image and its cropped version appropriately, otherwise your image will need to be removed from the composite. Plugwash 14:12, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
Commons Picture of the Year 2006 Competition
|Interested in honouring the best of the best? Vote now in the
Commons Picture of the Year competition 2006
Voting to select the finalists is open until 14th February.
The arrangements for the Commons Picture of the Year 2006 competition are now complete, and voting will start tomorrow, Feb 1st. All Featured Pictures promoted last year are automatically nominated. As a past contributor to Featured Pictures, we invite you to participate in the competition (but please wait until tomorrow to vote). --MichaelMaggs 21:17, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
More information on File:Uncia uncia.jpg?
I came across your beautiful snow leopard photo, and I was hoping you could provide more information about it.
Would you mind editing the description page for File:Uncia uncia.jpg to indicate where the picture was taken and any other pertinent information about the circumstances? Thanks!
COP15 Climate Conference
hello Mr. Landgraf,
My name is Rudi Caeyers. I'm a photographer and graphic designer, living in northern Norway.
I am currently working on a project for the coming climate conference in Copenhagen (COP15), december 2009, for the Norwegian Polar Institute (NP) (http://npweb.npolar.no/english) We saw a picture of a snowleopard (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Uncia_uncia.jpg) on the Wikimedia-website and would like to use it.
We want to create posters for several kiosks (102cm x 330cm) in the city of Copenhagen for the period of the conference. We're also creating a conference brochure and would possibly use your picture in there too. What we need is a high resolution file of this picture. Of course you will get paid for the picture and your work.
If you are interested in helping us, please send me a reply.
Sincerely, Rudi Caeyers email@example.com Tlf.: +47 932 37 013
We used your image from Commons
Hi, I just want you to inform, that we used one of your image to concentration game for small children. We printed the Czech version and now is distributing for free in Czech Republic for wide population. Thank you very much for this image! --Chmee2 (talk) 19:19, 4 January 2012 (UTC)
Thank You for the Wikipedia Picture
--188.8.131.52 12:33, 5 December 2012 (UTC)Hello, My name is Duane Hurst and I recently made a free (non-commercial) English web site to share information with people. I added links to your Wikipedia/Wikimedia freeware picture. I also gave credit to you on my web pages for your work. Thank you for sharing with the public. My website is:
I add pictures such as yours to one of the following major sections of my site: 1. World section - contains information and over 10,000 images of every world country and territory. Link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/world/index.htm
2. USA section - contains information and images of every USA state and territory. Link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/world/usa/index.htm
3. English section - "Mel and Wes" lessons in conversation format. Stories are located in various USA states and world countries such as China, England, Germany, Japan, Mexico and Thailand. Each lesson has many slang terms and idioms, which I link to my Slang Dictionary. This eventually will have over 5,000 terms. Currently, it has about 3,000 slang and idioms. I regularly add new lessons and slang terms. Link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/english/lessons/index.htm Slang Dictionary link at: http://www.freeenglishsite.com/english/slang/Eslang_a.htm
Prior to retirement, I taught English at several private and public universities in the United States.
Please share this free site with your friends. I hope all will enjoy the pictures and find the English information useful. Sincerely, Duane Hurst in Utah, USA
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org 12:33, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
Eurasian Lynx (Lynx lynx) picture
What happened to it? I rather liked it when it was the main picture of the Eurasian Lynx (Lynx lynx) article (English)...