More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|File:SS850524.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Your image of Janggun Tomb
Hi, I'm interested in using your image of the Goguryeo Tomb of the General (장수왕릉). I'm working on an atlas of Korean history at Robinson College, University of Cambridge and your image would be ideal for the title page of the section on Goguryeo. We would of course abide by the conditions of the CC license, but I wanted to check with you directly before going ahead and using this image. Thanks, Owen 188.8.131.52 08:12, 31 August 2011 (UTC)
- It must be so late to answer your questions. I'm sorry to see this request now. But if you want to use my pictures, you can use it. --Bart0278 (talk) 04:49, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.