|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Image:IMG23798-添馬艦發展設計方案展覽-模型-正面1-設計B.JPG
- 2 Help requested
- 3 Question
- 4 Image's file name
- 5 Image Tagging Image:Lhasatrainstation_shu.jpg
- 6 Description for this picture
- 7 File:HSBC Centre.jpg
- 8 File:Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park.jpg
- 9 宣傳
- 10 关于白石洲
- 11 Your info template
- 12 Notification about possible deletion
- 13 File:Htcssoutlook2013.jpg
- 14 User:Baycrest/info
- 15 Chinese FOP
- 16 File:Ani-Com Hong Kong 2006.jpg
Orgullomoore 16:19, 3 April 2007 (UTC)Hello, and thank your for sharing your files with Commons. There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. Could you please resolve these problems, which are described on the page linked in above? Thank you. --
- I have made a duplicate with Image:Tamar_Proposal_B2.JPG by mistake. Please delete this image. Thanks for you assistance.Baycrest 18:51, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
I'm contacting you since you have nice Hong Kong related pictures in Commons, and also because you can speak Chinese.
Could you please translate "Former Kowloon-Canton Railway Clock Tower" in Chinese to this article in English Wikipedia: Clock Tower, Hong Kong. It already has the unofficial name translated.
Also, could you tell me what are the names of the two buildings nearby the IFC in this picture:
The first building is the L-shaped brown building between the 2IFC and the Jardine House. The second building is also brown and its located between 1IFC and 2IFC in this picture.
This would help me a lot, thanks in advance.
Ps. You can contact me either via userpage in Wikimedia Commons, or English Wikipedia. My username is Siipikarja in both.
--Siipikarja 12:40, 13 September 2007 (UTC)
It is my plesure to chat with you.
The offical Chinese name of Former Kowloon-Canton Railway Clock Tower is 前九廣鐵路鐘樓, with reference to the photo Image:HK TST Clock Tower history 1.jpg. I've made a minor edit to put the Chinese name into the article.
Regarding your second question, actually the buildings you mentioned come from Exchange Square. The L-shaped brown building consists of two seperate towers, the left one is Two Exchange Square while the right one is One Exchange Square. The another brown building located between 1IFC and 2IFC is Three Exchange Square.
Baycrest(Talk) 17:20, 13 September 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for your kind and quick reply. --Siipikarja 18:37, 13 September 2007 (UTC)
Hello Baycrest, I live in Sheung Shui, I was wondering how you got the amazing photos of Woodland Crest (where I live), Noble Hill and Landmark North! I'm simply intrigued! Did you take them from a helicopter or from the top of some block of Tin Ping Estate? Waiting for your reply! --typhoonchaser 14:34, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
- Hello typhoonchaser. You are right, they were taken at a block of Tin Ping Estate. Baycrest(Talk) 16:51, 27 October 2007 (UTC)
Image's file name
Hello, Baycrest! Could you change and re-upload your image's file name, whose file name is Image:上海南火車站-大堂.JPG? (For example, "Image:Shanghai South Railway Station Hall.jpg") LERK (Talk / Contributions / Mail) 09:48, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- I will change the file name of my early uploaded images, but first I would like to know how can I keep the upload date when I re-upload them? It is important issue for me because the upload date can prove me as the original author of an image, especially when an image was found somewhere else with violation of copyright. In fact I found some of my images was in other websites but they did not comply with my CC release :-( Baycrest(Talk) 15:58, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
Image Tagging Image:Lhasatrainstation_shu.jpg
Thanks for uploading Image:Lhasatrainstation_shu.jpg. This image is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Unless the permission information is given, the image may be speedy deleted after seven days. Thank you. -Nard the Bard 19:25, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- I had checked the flickr image page before transfering the image. Since we noted the lincense was no longer compatible with commons, currently I have no objection to the deletion request. It will be great if someone would upload similar images for subsituation. Baycrest(Talk) 19:41, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- I am sorry I will unominate it. -Nard the Bard 19:42, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
Description for this picture
- Done & Thanks for the suggestion! Baycrest(Talk) 16:52, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful informations about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
- The image was uploaded with incorrect name, please feel free to delete it. This is what I expect to do with the image. Thank you! Baycrest(Talk) 18:08, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
I would like to use your image to accompany a journal article that talks about the Hi-tech park. I will credit Baycrest in the caption which reads
A view of the Shanghai Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park from Zuchongzhi Road. The park is home to an abundance of CRO and leading pharmaceutical companies’ R&D Centers. Photo by Baycrest.
Is there anything else you require? Thank you, Barbara Nasto
I would like to use your image to accompany a journal article that talks about the Hi-tech park. I will credit Baycrest in the caption which reads A view of the Shanghai Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park from Zuchongzhi Road. The park is home to an abundance of CRO and leading pharmaceutical companies’ R&D Centers. Photo by Baycrest.--Barbaranasto (talk) 12:06, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
- Please check your e-mail. Thank you! --Baycrest (Talk) 13:55, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
您好，我最近注意到了阁下的几张关于深圳地铁白石洲站的照片所使用的名字是“Bashizhou”，但其实白石洲的英语写法（根据汉语拼音）应该是“Baishizhou”，不知您是否知晓……如果可以的话，我认为应该及时修正。谢谢~ --188.8.131.52 05:29, 7 October 2010 (UTC)
- 應該是我拼錯了，現已改回。謝謝通知！ --Baycrest (Talk) 16:41, 14 October 2010 (UTC)
Your info template
Hi Baycrest. Thanks for so many high quality images of Hong Kong.
I wanted to inform you that I have heavily adapted the text of your User:Baycrest/info template for my own use at User:Citobun/info. I hope you don't mind! Kind regards, Citobun (talk) 13:04, 9 February 2014 (UTC)
- You are welcome! --Baycrest (Talk) 16:12, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
Hi Baycrest, File:Htcssoutlook2013.jpg is a photo that apparently was taken by you, but uploaded by someone else. Are you okay with the Creative Commons BY-SA-3.0 license? -- Robert Weemeyer (talk) 11:51, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Robert, thank you very much for finding it out! I didn't aware this photo had been upload to Commons by someone else. As Commons already has another photo which is taken in 2015 with much better quality, I'm not going to upload my photo to Commons right now. Could you delete the file for me? Thank you! --Baycrest (Talk) 16:20, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for your answer! I have just started a deletion request: Commons:Deletion requests/File:Htcssoutlook2013.jpg. -- Robert Weemeyer (talk) 17:50, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
|User:Baycrest/info has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this user page, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it.
Thanks for the fast resolution of the DR on your info template.
I note that you reverted my addition of the name of the architect to several of your images. I see nothing at Commons:Freedom_of_panorama#China.2C_People.27s_Republic_of that even hints that architecture is exempt from the requirement that the author must be named in order for Chinese FOP to apply. I know that we have regularly deleted images of modern Chinese buildings when the name of the architect was not given.
I also know that it is simply common courtesy when showing the created work of another person that he or she be credited in the author line -- almost all of our images of Old Master paintings show the painter in the author line even though the work is long out of copyright. . Jim . . . . (Jameslwoodward) (talk to me) 10:16, 2 April 2016 (UTC)
- Hi, I don't think artistic works include buildings according to the Chinese law as buildings cannot be 设置 (installed) or 陈列 (displayed). Anyway I've started a discussion  in zhwp to seek others opinions. --Baycrest (Talk) 14:53, 2 April 2016 (UTC)
|File:Ani-Com Hong Kong 2006.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.