- 1 Oxford
- 2 Photos of courts
- 3 TUSC token 3167d4c451b5c1d27490e144f565b286
- 4 Menai Bridge
- 5 Tip: Categorizing images
- 6 Renaming request denied
- 7 Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau
- 8 Jesus College
- 9 Rabinder Singh Bio Pic
- 10 File:Signs at Woolwich Foot Tunnel.JPG
- 11 Some Queries I Was After Some Help With
- 12 Notification about possible deletion
- 13 Valued Image Promotion
- 14 DR notifications
- 15 Valued Image Promotion
- 16 But,..
Thanks for the work on Oxford and the colleges! Man vyi 08:19, 2 August 2007 (UTC)
Photos of courts
Hi. Per your request at WikiProject Devon over in WP, I've uploaded Image:Plymouth Crown and County Courts.jpg, which I snapped late last year. What a lovely looking building... Can't find your Courthouses in the United Kingdom page, so I'll let you do that bit. Hope this helps, Smalljim 23:44, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
TUSC token 3167d4c451b5c1d27490e144f565b286
I must say that your photo of the Menai Bridge is one of the best I've seen. 188.8.131.52 07:47, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Lord Judge LCJ October 2010.JPG was uncategorized on 10 October 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 11 October 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Llanidan old church bells.jpg was uncategorized on 5 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 6 November 2011 (UTC)
Renaming request denied
I wasn't sure about my request so I posted a message here: Commons:Administrators' noticeboard#Policy about name of the author/website in picture names?. Cheers. Badzil (talk) 20:12, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
- I had already raised the issue for discussion here to see whether a change is need to the guidelines (either to say that such renames are allowed, or to clarify that they are not). Bencherlite (talk) 20:19, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau
Hallo Bencherlite. I heard the Welsh national anthem, "Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau"; very interesting. Please, may you tell me the date of the recording? Thank you very much. --Antonella (talk) 11:57, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
- As File:Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau.ogg says, it was recorded on 11 March 1899. Bencherlite (talk) 11:59, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
Hello, Thanks for your comment. I gather you were invited to the cellar sometime to get to know it, since as Dr Pattel told me, this is a very private area .. All the best Jorge Royan
Rabinder Singh Bio Pic
Regarding : http://archbishop-cranmer.blogspot.com/2011/08/rabinder-singh-qc-becomes-englands.html article was published after this photo was uploaded, ergo, the blogspot article cpoied it from wikipedia. --InExcelsisDeo (talk) 12:16, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
In answer to your question the Rabinder Singh bio pic used in the info box come form a digital camera, which begs the question how did you get that angle becuase youd have to be a justice or do you?. The only cameras that can be used in the court are its own if you've every been you can see them mounted on the wall. However, on the bottom floor of the court there is an exhibition area which broadcasts the procedings of the court on a couple of big screen tv's of and shows all the angles, ergo, you can take a pic. --InExcelsisDeo (talk) 14:51, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
It has Exif Data because i used the sniping tool on vista to crop it from the photograph, also isnt UKSC footage public domain like footage from the commons, lords and select committees. I'sat in the Lords (not the gallery) and in a selcet committee gallery before as a vistor and i queried about image use they told me all footage is public domain. I can't see why the UKSC would be any different. But then again i dont know.--InExcelsisDeo (talk) 15:14, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
|File:Signs at Woolwich Foot Tunnel.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Some Queries I Was After Some Help With
Hey Bencherlite. I've been asked to do a new project on the Durham Coats of Arms in a similar vein to the Oxford ones. Wether these get adopted or not I'm not really bothered about, but I was wondering if you might be able to help with the some queries that have arisen with regard there blazons. I'm just messaging round at the moment to see if anyone has some useful input on the topic, as I'm a little unsure about one or two aspects. Let me know what you think and thanks for all that help previously. Link
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
Valued Image Promotion
If tracking DRs on forthcoming TFA related images is a concern, this is the sort of thing a daily running bot could sort out as a handy reference table to alert en.wp admins/TFA interested editors. It would just be a case of checking for images used in pending-TFA categorized articles against images with open DRs on Commons (they are categorized neatly into month-specific DR cats). You could ask for this on Commons:Bots/Work_requests or maybe it might be relevant for Database reports. DR notification is something that often gets little attention and in practice can be quite hard to work out who interested parties might be, so it is unlikely that we will tighten guidelines for this as, if anything, the real problem for Commons is encouraging newer users to raise DRs on suspect images. --Fæ (talk) 13:56, 22 October 2014 (UTC)
- HI Fæ, it's such a rare event that an image scheduled for use at TFA is up for deletion at Commons that I think that asking for a bot or database report is low priority. I know that there used to be a bot system of alerting talk pages of en articles when an image was up for deletion, but that must have fallen out of use some time ago, as now I come to think of it I'm pretty sure that all the examples I've seen in the past have been old notifications not recent ones. Thanks for the thought, though - if I change my mind, I'll know where to go! Bencherlite (talk) 23:03, 22 October 2014 (UTC)