More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 05:42, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Zi zhi tong jian by sishmaguan.JPG was uncategorized on 27 August 2009.
- Image:Zi zhi tong jian 2 by simaguan.jpg was uncategorized on 27 August 2009.
- Image:Tangyin12.jpg was uncategorized on 27 August 2009.
- Image:Lanzhou Ramen.JPG was uncategorized on 28 September 2009.
- Image:Juejiangluobo.jpg was uncategorized on 21 October 2009.
- Image:Li ji xiang.NO.30 2010 01.jpg was uncategorized on 4 September 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:37, 5 September 2010 (UTC)
You need to provide a reason for your deletion request for this image. Please follow the instructions within the delete tag displayed on the above image. Let me know if you have any questions.--Captain-tucker (talk) 16:47, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you for correcting the names of the actors! :) WhisperToMe (talk) 19:32, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
Hi Berthe. First of all: happy New Year 2015! I noticed that you edited several photos of my China series. While I appreciate of course every meaningful help, I ask you, not to continue with adding "Taken on" to the date. This is not necessary with normal photos as the date already refers to the date when a photo was taken. It is only necessary, when you take a photo of a 2-dimensional work which was made at an earlier time and you want to make a difference between the date when the artwork was made and the date when the photo was taken. Thank you for your understanding.
It is also considered to be vandalism, if you delete Categories such as Category:Quality images of China.
|File:Actress Lan Ping.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.