Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 05:40, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Special Committee on Un-American Activities, Investigation of Nazi Propaganda Activities and Investigation of Certain Other Propaganda Activities 3.djvu is uncategorized since 4 June 2009.
- Image:Special Committee on Un-American Activities, Investigation of Nazi Propaganda Activities and Investigation of Certain Other Propaganda Activities 1.djvu is uncategorized since 4 June 2009.
- Image:Special Committee on Un-American Activities, Investigation of Nazi Propaganda Activities and Investigation of Certain Other Propaganda Activities 2.djvu is uncategorized since 4 June 2009.
Restored the file, I agree it looks PD to me. I'm not totally happy about it as it is not clear who the creator of the image is, if it is by Sabine Baring-Gould then its PD-old but otherwise it is possibly still in copyright. Giving a page reference to the djvu would help.
- For my work, I do. I will hunt it up for that work. Thanks for the speedy response.
As for the notification issue, Commons really should try to reach out on that issue, but hasn't ever done so effectively. If you just want to monitor the files relating to the WS pages you care about I'd suggest putting all of them on your Commons watchlist. Then either make Commons email you edits to your watchlist, or check your Commons at least once a week. That should catch any slower deletion requests.--Nilfanion (talk) 01:53, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
- For my stuff I do, that notification I saw through patrolling. Actually, what would be nice if there was the capability to do a WikiSource type notification that syncs over, and we watch a page for differences. -- Billinghurst (talk) 02:00, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
It has been found that Image:Sant Kabir.jpg has a deprecated license tag. Please choose a new free license tag which describes the rights of the image correctly otherwise it will be deleted! Thanks for your consideration. This is an automatic message by Nikbot.--Filnik 22:57, 5 November 2009 (UTC)