More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 17:00, 30 October 2011 (UTC)
- 1 Please give images good descriptions
- 2 Tip: Categorizing images
- 3 Categorie "Spiders of the Netherlands"
- 4 Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
- 5 Andrena
- 6 Welbedankt voor BartBotje en werk aan Naturalis-schelpen!
- 7 File:Naturalis Biodiversity Center - ZMA.MOLL.411057 - Anadara vellicata (Reeve, 1844) - Arcidae - Mollusc shell.jpeg
- 8 I use some of your photos
- 9 HTTP, HTTPS and bots
Please give images good descriptions
I noticed you've uploaded File:Tete du chien.jpg and I thought I should draw your attention to a common error.
Please give some thought to writing a good description of uploaded images. This ensures that they can be used. It also helps those that review and improve categories do a better job, which also ensures that images will get used in novel and interesting ways. Thanks, and happy editing!
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Corsica roadsigns with bulletholes.jpg was uncategorized on 30 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:46, 31 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Olives on tree.jpg was uncategorized on 1 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:55, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Sculptures in Barcelona.jpg was uncategorized on 1 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:55, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Studentenflat nijmegen heyendaal.jpg was uncategorized on 1 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:55, 2 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Parc Güell view.jpg was uncategorized on 4 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:44, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
Categorie "Spiders of the Netherlands"
Ik zag dat je bij File:Spin op plumeau A.jpg hebt toegevoegd de categorie "Spiders of the Netherlands". Op grond waarvan heb je dit gedaan? Dit vooral omdat het ook in de categorie "Unidentified spiders" staat. Weet je wat voor spin het is? Wouter (talk) 16:21, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- In aanvulling zag ik dat je mijn correctie van de plaatsing in deze categorie van een hooiwagen (géén spin dus) hier weer ongedaan hebt gemaakt. Ik was van plan eerdaags de hele categorie "Spiders of the Netherlands" op deze fout na te lopen, maar dit soort "hulp" is dan niet echt prettig. Groet, Lymantria (talk) 06:36, 29 October 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, je hebt gelijk, strikt gesproken zijn het geen spinnen maar ik zag inderdaad nog andere hooiwagens tussen de spinnen staan en heb ze er daarom weer bij gezet, ik zal er nu afblijven ;-)
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- ⧼Wikibase-terms/Bj.schoenmakers⧽: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.
Hi, I think this File:Andrena cf. barbilabris (Andrenidae sp.) male, Arnhem, the Netherlands.jpg looks like an Andrena vaga male. Look at the bald and shiny black abdomen and the lack of brownish yellowish hair on thorax. Also it seems pretty big for A. barbilabris and the wings are already worn in late march (-> very early - A. barbilabris should be still fresh in march). Regards --Aiwok (talk) 12:45, 22 November 2014 (UTC)
Welbedankt voor BartBotje en werk aan Naturalis-schelpen!
File:Naturalis Biodiversity Center - ZMA.MOLL.411057 - Anadara vellicata (Reeve, 1844) - Arcidae - Mollusc shell.jpeg
Waarom haalde je de categorie voor ZMA hier weg? Daar kwamen die mollusken vandaan, zie etiketten en registratienummer. Vriendelijke groeten, Hansmuller (talk) 21:24, 31 January 2016 (UTC) PS. Category:Media donated by Naturalis Biodiversity Center is voor teller en algemeen beheer, die ZMA-categorie voor herkomst/indeling. Hansmuller (talk) 21:28, 31 January 2016 (UTC)
- Dat moet een ongelukje/misklik geweest zijn (moest nog best veel geestdodend handwerk verrichten om bot output bij te schaven). Is al weer gerepareerd.
I use some of your photos
I have used a pair of photos of Trombidium holosericeum in my free software educational proyect "Animalandia" (http://animalandia.educa.madrid.org)
You can see directly in the follow link and clic over "Siguiente" ("Next"):
If you wish (and I hope yes), you can send me (via firstname.lastname@example.org) some letters or/and a photo for your "contributor profile" in Animalandia:
I want show to my students (and so everybody) that Animalandia is make for "real person", and I can tell them about "generosity", "share" and other similar words that we use very few at this time...
This is my "contributor profile" and others, for example:
In the future, I use more of your photos, I sure!
Thank you for the licence and, of course, for your splendid photos!!
HTTP, HTTPS and bots
Hi! Some information for you, as a bot owner: Soon (June 12) all traffic to Wikimedia sites and API:s will need to go over https:// instead of http://.