More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Please link images
- 2 File:RonaeleManorGardenFront.jpg
- 3 File:The First Presidential Mansion.jpg
- 4 Woodland Terrace
- 5 File:Lee-Jackson Monument Baltimore.jpg
- 6 Washington statue at New Orleans Public Library
- 7 Autopatrol given
- 8 Changing categories
- 9 Categories about presidents in the Oval Office
- 10 Category talk:Thomas Eakins works at the Philadelphia Museum of Art
- 11 Diplomatic Reception Rooms
- 12 Could you explain
- 13 File:William Merritt Chase - Portrait of Julian Onderdonk (1901).jpg
- 14 See
- 15 Global account
- 16 Notification about possible deletion
- 17 George Washington seated in the Palace of Versailles
- 18 Category:Laurelton Hall
Thank you for providing images to Wikimedia Commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to Commons should be useful to all users of Wikimedia projects. This is possible only if the images can be found by other people.
To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should put the images into appropriate topic pages, categories, optionally galleries, or both of them (see Commons:Categories). To find good categories for your images, the CommonSense tool may help.
You can find a convenient overview of your uploaded files in this gallery.
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There are a large number of completely unsorted images on Commons right now. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do!
- Image:ProvidentTrust.jpg is uncategorized since 5 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:41, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:BankersRowPhila.jpg is uncategorized since 5 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:41, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:BellevueStratford.jpg is uncategorized since 5 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:41, 6 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:HHFurness.jpg is uncategorized since 19 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:40, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Trumbauer.jpg is uncategorized since 28 December 2008. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:39, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
- Image:Glenloch.jpg is uncategorized since 12 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:40, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:HUTTON.jpg is uncategorized since 12 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:40, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:LongwoodNatchez.jpg is uncategorized since 12 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:40, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:JohnstownLibrary.jpg is uncategorized since 13 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:41, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:PSFS.jpg is uncategorized since 13 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:41, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:WoodlandTerrace.jpg is uncategorized since 13 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:41, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:PumpingStation.jpg is uncategorized since 13 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:41, 14 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:PortsmouthNavalAsylum.jpg is uncategorized since 17 January 2009. BotMultichillT 05:42, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:WilsonEyre.jpg is uncategorized since 17 January 2009. BotMultichillT 05:42, 18 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:SauveurHouse.jpg is uncategorized since 23 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:44, 24 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:HorticulturalHall.jpg is uncategorized since 29 June 2009.
- Image:Pencoyd1891.jpg is uncategorized since 2 August 2009.
- Image:HolyInnocents.jpg is uncategorized since 3 August 2009.
- Image:HHFCabinetDoors.jpg is uncategorized since 9 August 2009.
- Image:CassattHouse.jpg was uncategorized on 15 August 2009.
- Image:TheElmsStaircase&EntranceHall.jpg was uncategorized on 31 August 2009.
- Image:HighGateCarriageHouse.jpg was uncategorized on 31 August 2009.
- Image:JesseOslerHouseElkinsParkPA.jpg was uncategorized on 19 September 2009.
- Image:St. Michaels Birdsboro 1890.jpg was uncategorized on 15 July 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 16 July 2010 (UTC)
- A deletion request was filed. This has been replaced by a better image. BoringHistoryGuy (talk) 18:38, 17 July 2010 (UTC)
File:RonaeleManorGardenFront.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
I'm new to Wikimedia Commons so please excuse any irregularities in my post.
I was really interested to find the following and it seems you cataloged it? http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:WoodlandTerrace.jpg
Do you have any information on this house's history or owners? It was the home of my great-great aunt back after the turn of the century and as far as I can tell, her sister inherited it. I actually was in the house when I was a kid in 1967 and was really surprised that it was not only still standing, that it is on the National Register of Historic Places. When I saw it, it was really in bad shape and in need of major repair and renovation.
I'm not really sure of the actual street address. Do you know? The 1910 US Census had what appears to be an incorrect address (3915 Woodland Avenue) for my Great Great Aunt (Elizabeth), and in the 1930 census, it had a different street number (4002 Woodland Avenue) for the Great Great aunt (Alberta) that lived there when I was a kid. Google Maps shows it as 4018 Woodland Avenue. It is on the corner of Woodland Terrace and Woodland Avenue.
Thanks for any info you might have or any links you may direct me to for more information. 03:08, 20 October 2011 SusanInSFL
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 15:57, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
Washington statue at New Orleans Public Library
Hi. I reverted your replacement of a general view of the main branch of New Orleans Public Library, File:NOPLWashingtonSide.jpg, with a very cropped version to just show a statue. Drastic modifications of images should generally not be uploaded over the original photo, but rather uploaded as a separate derivative work with a link to the original. I have taken care of doing this one for you, uploading your cropped version to File:NOPLWashingtonSide Statue Crop.jpg. Thanks for your attention; if you have any questions about Commons you have trouble finding an answer to, feel free to ask. Cheers, -- Infrogmation (talk) 18:02, 3 May 2012 (UTC)
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. INeverCry 17:21, 2 November 2012 (UTC)
Categories about presidents in the Oval Office
Hi. It appears that, when you have been categorizing Oval Office pictures by president, you have caught some pictures that do not have any president in the image: It just happens to be during that president's term, or the president has been cropped out. I believe those categories were only for media that show a specific person in a specific room. For example, if a recent file shows the Oval Office without showing Barack Obama, it would normally go in Category:Oval Office and Category:White House in 2013 but not Category:Barack Obama in the Oval Office. Conversely, a recent photo that shows Barack Obama would normally be in Category:Barack Obama in 2013, Category:Barack Obama in the Oval Office, and en:White House in 2013, but not Category:Barack Obama or Category:Oval Office directly. --Closeapple (talk) 20:36, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
Diplomatic Reception Rooms
Hello. You've been doing great work on Category:Diplomatic Reception Rooms and appear to be quite knowledgeable on the subject. Thank you for correcting my description of File:BookcaseDeskDiplomaticReceptionRoomsUS.jpg.
I may have more usable photos from my tour there, but I have delayed uploading them because I'm not sure how to label them. Could I send you some images for help in identification? Jonathunder (talk) 01:05, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- Sure. It's not that I'm knowledgeable, I just have a copy of Conger's book. Thanks. BoringHistoryGuy (talk) 02:34, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- I haven't been to the rooms, but it's on my list of things to do when in D.C. Early on, the rooms had a reputation as a dumping ground by dealers for "problem" (altered) pieces, but there are some important pieces (like the Frothingham bombe desk). And the sheer concentration of pieces must be striking. BoringHistoryGuy (talk) 14:28, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
Could you explain
- Update. I figured it out, but in the future, please add such info to a description :) --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus Talk 17:39, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
Hallo BoringHistoryGuy, you've got this Portrait sorted into the category Witte Museum. On the web page of the museum is to find nothing. Do you have any reference? greetings --Trzęsacz (talk) 21:14, 12 June 2014 (UTC)
- My source is SIRIS: They're usually right. -- BoringHistoryGuy (talk) 03:21, 13 June 2014 (UTC)
Just use 4 digits consistently following the | and perhaps an N or S following that.
Tuesday I got lots of Race Street photos - mostly uploaded already, plus lots of Vine St and 3rd street - mostly not uploaded yet. Thursday of course I got lots of Presby churches, mostly not uploaded yet. See 
Don't worry about Tuesday at all. Maybe some other Tuesday.
- Thanks. A much better way of doing things. But organizing the north-south streets is going to be a bear. I've started correcting the east-wests. Yes, let's get together soon. == BoringHistoryGuy (talk) 05:04, 15 November 2014 (UTC)
Hi BoringHistoryGuy! As a Steward I'm involved in the upcoming unification of all accounts organized by the Wikimedia Foundation (see m:Single User Login finalisation announcement). By looking at your account, I realized that you don't have a global account yet. In order to secure your name, I recommend you to create such account on your own by submitting your password on Special:MergeAccount and unifying your local accounts. If you have any problems with doing that or further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me on my talk page. Cheers, —DerHexer (Talk) 19:45, 14 January 2015 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them, such as a copyright issue.
George Washington seated in the Palace of Versailles
I believe the painting shows George Washington seated in the Palace of Versailles. Please see: 
- Wmpearl. That's a big problem, because GW never visited Europe. He did make it to the Caribbean, where his brother died. And almost to the Canadian border in 1781.
- As I said, I suspect the "Peale" caption belongs with another painting. == BoringHistoryGuy (talk) 22:52, 7 January 2017 (UTC)
Should Category:Laurelton Hall really be in Category:Furniture by Louis Comfort Tiffany? It's in Category:Louis Comfort Tiffany, which makes sense (it was his home), but normally I think we wouldn't put a building in a furniture category. - Jmabel ! talk 00:23, 6 October 2017 (UTC)
- Jmabel. I take your point. But Tiffany used Laurelton Hall as a showroom as well as a residence. And Tiffany often designed all aspects of a room--furniture, light fixtures, architectural elements, windows, etc. For example, the spherical baptismal font at Laurelton Hall: Tiffany designed the font, the columns that flank it, and the stained glass window behind it (which feature those same columns). It seemed more useful to a reader to add the whole category than to break it up into subcategories.
- Thanks for asking, instead of just reventing. == BoringHistoryGuy (talk) 12:10, 6 October 2017 (UTC)