|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Yann 18:59, 29 March 2007 (UTC)
Image Tagging Image:Epiphysenfuge02-chriudel.jpg
Thanks for uploading Image:Epiphysenfuge02-chriudel.jpg. This image is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com).
Unless the permission information is given, the image may be speedy deleted after seven days. Thank you. -Nard 05:30, 26 January 2008 (UTC)
- This picture was provided by Chriudel. I just made some modification you shoud ask him about permission belongings ... it is Public domain i guess? -- Braegel
Image Tagging Image:Kleinknetener_Steine.jpg
Thanks for uploading Image:Kleinknetener_Steine.jpg. This image is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Critically evaluate Flickr licenses||Image:2128655517 cdc93a19eb o.jpg has been marked as a copyright violation. You may have preserved the information shown on Flickr correctly when transferring the image here, but the Flickr uploader is not the copyright holder of this image. Either the image was created by someone else, or it is a derivative of someone else's work. As stated in Commons:Licensing, only the copyright holder may issue a license, so the one shown on Flickr is invalid.
Always remember to critically evaluate Flickr licenses. Photostreams with professional-looking photographs, album covers, posters, and images in a wide range of styles or quality taken by many different cameras often indicate that the Flickr uploader either does not understand or does not care about copyright matters.
- I have the allowance of the owner of that pic (my mother) to use it under a free licence. -- Braegel (talk) 19:23, 17 September 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.