User talk:Burpelson AFB
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
TUSC token 24086dc1c6b531e3059dc3d1527a4a09
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Burpelson AFB!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:PublicImageLTDlive.jpg was uncategorized on 20 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:39, 21 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:RobinTunney.jpg was uncategorized on 20 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:39, 21 April 2010 (UTC)
Nomination for derivatives of File:O'TooleEbertPatric by Roger Ebert.jpg
Hi, I see you nominated the derivatives of File:O'TooleEbertPatric by Roger Ebert.jpg but that wasn't necessary as I had nominated them before. Would you be so kind as to withdraw your nominations as there are now two nominations per derivative, which creates extra work for the closing admins. Instead you could just mention in the already existing DR of each file that the source file was deleted. SpeakFree (talk) 23:59, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
- Sure, but the problem is that someone redirected the discussions for each of those files to the central discussion, so the closing/deleting admin missed the derivatives and there's no way for anyone to know they were sent to deletion unless they look at the image description. I have e-mailed BAFB to let him know as he's not often on commons. Night Ranger (talk) 13:38, 12 November 2011 (UTC)