|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:43, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:England as proposed cambs problem.jpg is uncategorized since 19 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:43, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:England midlands as census.jpg is uncategorized since 19 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:43, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
There is no need to change small texts but I did it anyway. Here is new example: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Principalities_of_Kievan_Rus%27_%281054-1132%29.jpg ... I believe that now is all right, the source should be included because of content credibility ... Best regards! --SeikoEn (talk) 08:42, 5 January 2011 (UTC)
- Read the text ... I wrote it, there is no need to change it. Best regards! --SeikoEn (talk) 17:14, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe I was too direct, but you noticed that I have made some changes in the text about Kievan Rus'. It does not matter now, forgive me if I was rude, it was not my intention. I thought you were one of the provocateurs, there are a lot of those who are not doing anything smart. :-) --SeikoEn (talk) 21:08, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
Double votes for POTY 2010
Just to let you know, you can vote only for one image in the final round of POTY2010. I saw you voted for more ... please remove all your votes and leave just one, otherwise none of your votes will count. Have a nice day, --Alchemist-hp (talk) 05:13, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
- How do I do that? It is a shame you did not leave a message on my Wiki page so I am only just seeing this. Chaosdruid (talk) 23:27, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
A barnstar for you!
|The Photographer's Barnstar|
|Hi. Was just looking at http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Danieladamsonengineinstallsmalexd.jpg
Great picture thanks. My grandfather worked there so I wondered if maybe he was in the picture. Any chance of a source or who was in / took the picture? Either way, its a great image of the past. Thanks. Crazypig (talk) 12:50, 1 March 2013 (UTC)
|File:Billboard magazine 08-04-1967 page P-6.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Hi ; new level 4 for you ?