User talk:Ched Davis
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
thanks to the folks who created the welcome bot. hope they are now doing that at wikipedia.
as an armature photographer perhaps I'll upload some pics here in near future. 09:57, 18 December 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Ched Davis!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 05:42, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- Image:ISMA-JennerstownPA2007-1.jpg is uncategorized since 14 April 2009.
- Image:Missing-sock.jpg is uncategorized since 14 April 2009.
- Image:MaxTalbot-2009Parade.jpg is uncategorized since 20 June 2009.
- Image:CollierTwp-LAFitness-ShootingScene.jpg is uncategorized since 8 August 2009.
- Image:Blackout T-shirt.PNG was uncategorized on 19 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 20 January 2012 (UTC)