Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:St Mary's Episcopal Church Stuart FL 023.JPG was uncategorized on 3 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 4 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:St Mary's Episcopal Church Stuart FL 018.JPG was uncategorized on 3 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:38, 4 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Martin Memorial Medical Center 007.JPG was uncategorized on 1 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:39, 2 December 2010 (UTC)
Hi. Re your newly created category Category:Voting in Palm Beach County, Florida - good work, looks like we have a lot of images! However I note that it's a subcat of the 2000 US election. What would you think of renaming the cat something like "Category:Voting in Palm Beach County, Florida, 2000"? I'm suggesting this since there has been and will be voting in Palm Beach County other times, and we might get media relevant to it from some election other than the 2000 one. Thoughts? Cheers, -- Infrogmation (talk) 20:27, 6 May 2012 (UTC)
<gallery> File:All Saints Episcopal Church, Jensen Beach, Florida windows 010.jpg File:All Saints Episcopal Church, Jensen Beach, Florida windows 012.jpg <gallery> For these images (and there may be others, I just stumbled across these) you don't mention anything about the authorship or copyright status of the underlying stained glass window. The style looks contemporary enough that I'd expect these still to be in copyright (if they are from 1978 or later in the U.S., they'd be copyrighted by default), they are original enough that they would certainly qualify for copyright, and there is very limited freedom of panorama for works of art in the United States. I suspect that the licensing as they stand is insufficient. You might seek OTRS permission from the artist, or maybe they are just older than I think; anyway, I figured I'd start by just dropping you a note instead of jumping into a deletion process. - ~~~~