|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Yann 16:16, 1 February 2007 (UTC)
I'm sorry, I had missed this image. It should have been deleted along with the others, as the deletion request said. I have deleted it now anyways. / Fred Chess 16:47, 18 March 2007 (UTC)
Would you like to join the club?
I'm trying to get pics of all the NRHP sites in Florida, and I see you added one to the Edison and Ford Winter Estates. Might you be interested in taking more in the future? If so, I've got a list, NRHPs in FL pix needed. I started it for myself, to coordinate my travels, but found others who were like-minded. It's also a tool to plan roadtrips, doncha know. No pressure, up to you, keep up the good work, TTFN. :) --Ebyabe 13:22, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
Hello Cornellrockey04, the original caption of this picture says: courtesy of Boeing. So for me it can't be in the public domain. USAF has the permission to use it but no one else so far. -- Arcturus 16:24, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
- The picture page here in commons (link above) contains the section Metadata with the read-out from the EXIF data. Under Image title its states: The first E-3 … (Courtesy photo) and below Author: Courtesy of Boeing. If I'm not completely wrong, this means Boeing is the author/creator of this photo and owns as such the copyright. USAF published the picture with permission of Boeing on its site which is in general PD. But this does not override Boeing's rights. Therefore the hint courtesy of. I am not an expert on such laws and I know many here will say: It's from the Air Force, so it must be PD. But I do also know that pictures have been deleted on commons without further discussion for exactly the same reason (Boeing P-8 Poseidon cockpit, copied from US Navy site, courtesy of Boeing). Regards -- Arcturus 15:16, 5 July 2007 (UTC)
- I started a deletion request (with help from another user, it's not routine work for me). It is now listed here, for the discussion see here. Regards -- Arcturus 08:31, 9 July 2007 (UTC)
- The image was deleted on 29. September. Regards -- Arcturus 13:24, 1 October 2007 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:101st_Airborne_at_Little_Rock_Central_High.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.|
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
188.8.131.52 21:39, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 05:42, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Carme Chacón at the Pentagon in Washingon, DC, USA.jpg is uncategorized since 29 July 2009.
- Image:United States Route 89 between Idaho and Wyoming, USA.jpg was uncategorized on 23 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:56, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
Better source request for Image:RQ-4 Global Hawk.jpg
Thanks for uploading Image:RQ-4 Global Hawk.jpg. You provided a source, but it is difficult for other users to examine the copyright status of the image because the source is incomplete. Please consider clarifying the exact source so that the copyright status may be checked more easily. It is best to specify the exact web page where you found the image, rather than only giving the source domain or the URL of the image file itself. Please update the image description with a URL that will be more helpful to other users in determining the copyright status.
If you have uploaded other files, consider checking that you have specified their source in a complete manner. You can find a list of files you have uploaded by following this link. If you have any questions please ask them at the help desk or me at my talkpage. Thank you. High Contrast (talk) 15:23, 19 June 2010 (UTC)
File:101st Airborne at Little Rock Central High.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.