More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 05:45, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Dehesa de la Villa.jpg is uncategorized since 20 March 2009.
- Image:Carregues Rodolament.svg is uncategorized since 8 July 2009.
|File:Henson-Willliam 02.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Requesting a mm version of the file CubeLitre.svg
Thanks for providing the file CubeLitre.svg I would be grateful if you could provide a version of this using dimensions of 100 mm rather than 10 cm. My attempt at this failed. See: File:Mmcube.svg Thanks! --Lbeaumont (talk) 13:13, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
- I made some progress and have an improved version of a mm dimensioned figure at: File:MmCubeLitre.svg The right-hand margin cuts of the mm. Thanks! --Lbeaumont (talk) 22:16, 1 March 2016 (UTC)
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.