re: Mina morska
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:41, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Shoutbox screenshot 1.JPG is uncategorized since 13 June 2009.
TUSC token 62957819fec2fb3ac54146f52538fb81
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Hi Damërung, thank you for the work you did closing featured picture noms recently. Unfortunately, you made some errors, and I would ask you to please pay closer attention next time and follow all of the guidelines (not just the closure rules). This is not the English Wikipedia, and there are a few differences that you should have been aware of. First, nominations have a fixed voting period. Votes which are submitted past that point should be struck and excluded from the count. Second, Commons FPC requires five votes in support, not just four. The downside of this seemingly small mistake is that you have promoted an image which would not have been promoted otherwise. I have asked at the FPC talk page to find out what the accepted procedure is here. I presume that it will be left as promoted, but we'll find out, :-) Anyway, we still appreciate your work and I'm sure that clearing up those two little misunderstandings will mean you'll be fine next time around! Cheers, Maedin\talk 06:39, 20 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hi there! Hey, thanks for that lovely barnstar on en! How very sweet of you, :-) As for your question about the voting periods, see here and here. Both of your votes there were after the time limit. But that really isn't a problem . . . adding the vote late just means the closer will discount it. The problem comes if it doesn't get discounted, because sometimes it means the difference between featured and not featured! Anyway, no harm done, and we're very short on closers here at Commons, so the help is very much appreciated! Maedin\talk 13:47, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
- The difference here is that "prettier" is subjective. I don't find it prettier, and I have a suspicion that others don't, as well. We have been using a plain version since 2005. By all means, feel free to use the icons if you wish, but don't change the template so everyone else has to do the same. I don't mind you being bold, I think that's great, but some bold moves work out better than others! I'm sorry if you think I'm being picky, and if so, feel free to take it to the talk page and ask for other opinions. Lo siento, ;-) Maedin\talk 09:13, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
- I just split the file in other page, so both images are present in commons (one of them is even in the category gears). File:Kexi logo.svg, File:Kexi logo new.png - ☩Damërung ☩. -- 19:43, 25 October 2009 (UTC)
|File:Tumbleweed01.gif has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
|Hello, Damërung. You have new messages at Lymantria's talk page.