|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
This is mostly correct, however I would change the following fields: Author should contain the original author; the person who took the photograph, or unknown if unknown. In the date field, please add the approximate date this image was published. Please also add a category to the image such that it can be easily found by people who want to also use the image. Good luck, and enjoy your stay at Commons! -- Bryan (talk to me) 14:33, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Messages and Letters of William Henry Harrison Vol. 1.djvu was uncategorized on 25 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Dorotheabealeofc00raikiala.djvu was uncategorized on 11 November 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:47, 12 November 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Discovery and Decipherment of the Trilingual Cuneiform Inscriptions.djvu was uncategorized on 23 November 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 24 November 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Henry VIII and the English Monasteries.djvu was uncategorized on 19 December 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 20 December 2010 (UTC)
- Image:A Girl of the Limberlost.djvu was uncategorized on 15 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:54, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Page19-394px-A Girl of the Limberlost djvu.jpg was uncategorized on 8 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:13, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Girl of the Limberlost Title page.png was uncategorized on 17 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:00, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
This message was added automatically by Nikbot, if you need some help about it please read the text above again and follow the links in it, if you still need help ask at the → Commons:Help desk in any language you like to use. --Nikbot 19:38, 21 November 2012 (UTC)