|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
File tagging File:Naomi Ragen.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Naomi Ragen.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
File source is not properly indicated: File:Rabbi Yitzchak Ginsburgh.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Rabbi Yitzchak Ginsburgh.jpg, was missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. The file probably has been deleted. If you've got all required information, request undeletion providing this information and the link to the concerned file (
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Rubberecycle Mulch.jpg was uncategorized on 16 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:The White House is Going Green.jpg was uncategorized on 16 February 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Sealed Talpiot Tomb.jpg was uncategorized on 14 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:46, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
Careful with Flickr
With respect to those two images, please be careful when uploading to Commons. One of those image is actually a copyvio of the Associated Press: Ron Edmonds. The other is also dubious as it seems to have been taken from a similarly named user who may have actually held the rights (still a bit concerned about the low res though). I'll change the user on that one and leave it for now as I cannot find it on the AP images site. Best, Rambo's Revenge (en.wiki) 23:25, 17 February 2010 (UTC)