User talk:VanishedUser sdu9aya9fasdsopa
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, VanishedUser sdu9aya9fasdsopa!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 05:44, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Ernst Albrecht von Eberstein 1605.jpg is uncategorized since 20 January 2009. BotMultichillT 05:44, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Eberstein-Familien-Zeitung Nr10 1900.pdf is uncategorized since 20 January 2009. BotMultichillT 05:44, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Siebmacher102-Schotten.jpg is uncategorized since 26 January 2009. BotMultichillT 05:46, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:UF6 cylinder rupture bw.png was uncategorized on 4 October 2009.
- Image:Peter.s.deriabin.badge1.png was uncategorized on 20 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 12:03, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful informations about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
SMS König / SMS Seydlitz / Borodino class scale model pictures
thank you for commenting on my models. Sadly they have been erased from wikipedia commons but I try to find out how I can have them reinstalled. I have built many more 1/350 scale models of WW I era warships which could be used as illustrations for ship biographies that otherwise would have no pictures.
Free speech flag ps 3
If you are looking for free speech flag ps3 oversighting / suppression info, please see here:
Happy new year
Picture of the Year 2013 R1 Announcement
Round 1 of Picture of the Year 2013 is open!
- ⧼Wikibase-terms/VanishedUser sdu9aya9fasdsopa⧽: العربية, български, Deutsch, English, français, italiano, македонски, മലയാളം, 日本語, русский, svenska, اردو, 中文
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2013 Picture of the Year competition is now open. This year will be the eighth edition of the annual Wikimedia Commons photo competition, which recognizes exceptional contributions by users on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia users are invited to vote for their favorite images featured on Commons during the last year (2013) to produce a single Picture of the Year.
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. These images include professional animal and plant shots, breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historical images, photographs portraying the world's best architecture, impressive human portraits, and so much more.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topical categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you may vote for as many images as you like. The top 30 overall and the most popular image in each category will continue to the final. In the final round, you may vote for just one image to become the Picture of the Year.
Round 1 will end on .
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
You are receiving this message because you voted in the 2012 Picture of the Year contest.