More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:OCTranspo Bayshore Station - Transitway Corridor.jpg was uncategorized on 17 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:49, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
Unnecessary OTRS templates
You have recently put an OTRS pending template on following files, uploaded by myself:
- Kriegsmonument Ammeldingen (Neuerburg) 01.jpg
- Kriegsmonument Biersdorf 01.jpg
- Wegkreuz Biersdorf Erzbergstrasse 01.jpg
- Wegkapelle Ammeldingen (Neuerburg) Kapellenweg 01.jpg
- Kirche Ammeldingen (Neuerburg) 01.jpg
- Kirche Biersdorf 01.jpg
- Schengen 6 Hemmeberreg 01.jpg
- Biersdorf am See (Stausee Bitburg) 01.jpg
The OTRS process had been treated on these files already by User:Didym, please look at the file history. His conclusion was that a permission for all these files is not necessary. It would be nice if you could remove the template. --MMFE (talk) 11:16, 15 September 2016 (UTC)