User talk:Diego Cruciat
Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content).
You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold when contributing and assume good faith when interacting with others. This is a wiki.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Pinzano dal castello.JPG was uncategorized on 28 April 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:40, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Monti Musi.jpg was uncategorized on 26 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:52, 27 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Torino center NASA.jpg was uncategorized on 26 November 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:41, 27 November 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Pinzano, 2009.jpg was uncategorized on 26 January 2012 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:18, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
Re: I used your file in commons
Hello Diego. Happy to see my map File:Italy topographic map-blank.svg was usefull for you. Everything is fine in the description of your derivative map, thanks. Greetings. Sting (talk) 19:30, 13 November 2010 (UTC)
Here is the translated version of the map. File:Pontebbana-it.png