More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 05:46, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Samo Skoberne Kraftfeld IMG 1478.JPG is uncategorized since 1 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:46, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Nm land - zerstörtes Kunstobjekt Stapelung - Bild 2 - npp.jpg is uncategorized since 1 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:46, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:BootModel.jpg was uncategorized on 3 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:44, 4 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Boot kurz nach Fertigstellung Winter2010.jpg was uncategorized on 3 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:44, 4 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:StapelungNachNorina120710.JPG was uncategorized on 3 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:44, 4 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:StapelungBeimWiederaufbau2009.jpg was uncategorized on 4 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 5 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Schiffbar am Ludwigskanal Seitenansicht.jpg was uncategorized on 4 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 5 July 2011 (UTC)
- Image:StapelungNachWiederaufbau2009.jpg was uncategorized on 4 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 5 July 2011 (UTC)
File:NeumarkterTagblattArtikel KaK.pdf has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk. blocked from editing.
File tagging File:BootModel.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
Thanks for uploading File:BootModel.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself. undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
Wenn das als Kunstwerk gilt, dann ist es auch geschützt. Da es als Modell vermutlich nicht dauerhaft im öffentlichen Raum steht, benötigst du eine Genehmigung des Künstlers. --Túrelio (talk) 19:12, 28 January 2012 (UTC)