I mostly concern myself with Oriental numismatic affairs.
This is a Wikimedia Commons user talk page.
This is not an article, file or the talk page of an article or file. If you find this page on any site other than the Wikimedia Commons you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than the Wikimedia Commons itself. The original page is located at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Donald_Trung.
This is the user talk page of Donald Trung, where you can send messages and comments to Donald Trung.
- Be polite.
- Be friendly.
- Assume good faith.
- No personal attacks.
- Please sign and date your entries by clicking on the appropriate button or by typing four tildes (
~~~~) at the end.
- Put new text under old text.
- New to Wikimedia Commons? Welcome! Ask questions, get answers as soon as possible.
- Click here to start a new topic.
- To import at a later date (Post-Retirement List 📃)
- Concept to work on when I have time.
Create a separate category for these token coins based on the information above.
Signature (Siggy) to prevent automated archiving. --Donald Trung 『徵國單』 (No Fake News 💬) (WikiProject Numismatics 💴) (Articles 📚) 20:57, 23 October 2021 (UTC)
- Add it here.
Signature (Siggy) to prevent automated archiving. --Donald Trung 『徵國單』 (No Fake News 💬) (WikiProject Numismatics 💴) (Articles 📚) 20:58, 23 October 2021 (UTC)
Sorry for bad English, but I have 2 questions for you:
Question 1: Ordinance No: 38-L/CTN of the Standing Committee of the National Assembly, dated 2 December 1994:
"Article 6.- This Ordinance shall not apply to:
1. The official texts of State agencies, political, economic and social institutions as well as their official translations;
2. Current news."
But 1995 Civil Code, Article 748:
"Article 748.- Objects under copyright protection in accordance with specific provisions of law
The following works, papers and documents are protected by the State in accordance with specific provisions:
1. Fork literary and art works;
2. Written documents of State agencies, political organizations, socio-political organizations, social organizations, socio-political organizations, social organizations, social-professional organizations, economic organizations and the translations of such documents;
3. Topical events of a purely news character."
If Law No. 50/2005/QH11 of November 29, 2005 was not retroactive, written documents of State agencies, political organizations, socio-political organizations, social organizations, socio-political organizations, social organizations, social-professional organizations, economic organizations and the translations of such documents from July 1, 1996 to January 1, 2006 (1995 Civil Code was applied) are still under copyright protection?
Question 2: Ordinance No: 38-L/CTN of the Standing Committee of the National Assembly, dated 2 December 1994:
4. Copyright as stipulated in Items 1, 4, 5 and 6 of Article 10 of this Ordinance shall belong to the State when their term expires."
If new laws were not retroactive, works, of which terms of protection had expired from December 2, 1994 to July 1, 1996 (Ordinance No: 38-L/CTN was applied) shall belong to the State,
not to the public?
Tranminh360 (talk) 02:06, 14 October 2021 (UTC)
- @Tranminh360: I will try to find some jurisprudence before I will give you an answer, this might take some time but when I will have it available to me I will reply. --Donald Trung 『徵國單』 (No Fake News 💬) (WikiProject Numismatics 💴) (Articles 📚) 06:50, 14 October 2021 (UTC)
Signature (Siggy) to prevent automated archiving, I still haven't found the relevant jurisprudence. --Donald Trung 『徵國單』 (No Fake News 💬) (WikiProject Numismatics 💴) (Articles 📚) 20:12, 20 October 2021 (UTC)
NOTE TO SELF. --Donald Trung 『徵國單』 (No Fake News 💬) (WikiProject Numismatics 💴) (Articles 📚) 08:47, 19 October 2021 (UTC)
Wikipedia translation of the week: 2021-43
|The winner this Translation of the week is
Please be bold and help translate this article!
Cape Kidnappers / Te Kauwae-a-Māui is a headland at the southeastern extremity of Hawke's Bay on the east coast of New Zealand's North Island and sits at the end of an 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) peninsula which protrudes into the Pacific Ocean. It is 20 kilometres (12 mi) south-east of the city of Napier. Access to the Cape by road stops at Clifton, which is the departure point for many tourists. The Cape Kidnappers Golf Course lies between the headland and the nearby coastal community of Te Awanga.
(Please update the interwiki links on Wikidata of your language version of the article after each week's translation is finished so that all languages are linked to each other.)
About · Nominate/Review · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery 02:05, 25 October 2021 (UTC)
Here's your quick overview of what has been happening around Wikidata over the last week.
- Weekly Lexemes Challenge #13, Death
- Press, articles, blog posts, videos
- How to upload Australian Faunal Directory IDs to Wikidata using OpenRefine. Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV
- PhysWikiQuiz - a Physics Formula Question Generation and Test Engine using Wikidata in Education - YouTube
- Timelapse of churches in the Americas (Wikidata, QGIS) - YouTube
- UseAsRef 2.0 - adding references using external IDs and other statements on Wikidata - YouTube
- Addressing the gender gap - Wikidata and SPARQL queries (in French) - YouTube
- Understanding Wikidata: a free and open knowledge base (in French) - YouTube
- WikidataTutorial: Learn how to edit / create items on Wikidata (in French) - YouTube
- Linked Data and Wikidata (in Italian) - YouTube
- Other Noteworthy Stuff
- QID ("Initialism of Q-identifier, a unique identifier for an item in Wikidata. [from 2012]") now has an entry in Wiktionary
- The 3rd edition of the Coolest Tool Award is looking for nominations (see announcement on wikimedia-l). Please submit your favorite tools by October 27th. The awarded projects will be announced and showcased in a virtual ceremony in December.
- Did you know?
- Newest properties:
- General datatypes: stylized name, record number, excitation energy
- External identifiers: Bat Sheva Archive ID, Literature.com book ID, Literature.com ebook ID, CantoDict word ID, CantoDict character ID, MYmovies person ID, Chi era Costui plaque ID, Bowers acronym, Turkish Cinema Archive Database person ID, Research Vocabularies Australia ID, Austrian Football Association player ID, Dewan Negara ID, Arachne.org.au ID, Dewan Rakyat ID, Remontees-mecaniques.net ID, AllSides ID, Birdata ID, Geographical Names Board of NSW geoname ID, IRIS GSSI author ID, IRIS IUSS author ID, SISSA Digital Library author ID, NSW Parliament member ID, SNSF person ID, FFCAM ID
- New property proposals to review:
- General datatypes: Conway polyhedron notation, Nombre de voies routières, Museu da Pessoa Story, Official forum, Properties for legislation, Stack Exchange user ID
- External identifiers: Toolhub ID, Spotify user ID, Dizionario di Medicina ID, Dizionario delle Scienze Fisiche ID, ORIAS number, Meetup group id, UAE ID, Tennis Abstract player ID, Museu da Pessoa person ID, SoccerPunter player ID, allplayers.in.ua player ID, pfl.uz player ID, ua-football.com player ID, Offshore leaks database ID, Snob.ru author ID, TASS Encyclopedia ID, Corporate Identification Number (CIN) in India, DFIH financier ID, DFIH business ID, Chuvash Encyclopedia ID, Kola Encyclopedia ID, IndexCat ID, Lithuanian Heritage Registry code, Penza Encyclopedia ID, SEKO-ID, Musées Nationaux Récupération ID, Women in the Legislature ID, Dissernet person ID, Dissernet institution ID, Dissernet journal ID, Enciclopedia di Roma person ID, Vokrug.tv show ID
- Query examples:
- The new WDQS Streaming Updater now fully shipped to production. This will help the Query Service better deal with the amount of edits happening on Wikidata. (more information)
- Mismatch Finder: Continuing work on the results page where mismatches are shown for review. We are focusing on showing all necessary information for a mismatch to make a good determination if it is a mismatch in Wikidata, the external source or neither.
- Finishing the work on the new change dispatching system that improves how Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia projects are notified about edits happening on Wikidata that affect them. Currently tying up some lose ends.
- Preparing for WikidataCon.
You can see all open tickets related to Wikidata here. If you want to help, you can also have a look at the tasks needing a volunteer.
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 26 October. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 27 October. It will be on all wikis from 28 October (calendar).
- Diff pages will have an improved copy and pasting experience. The changes will allow the text in the diff for before and after to be treated as separate columns and will remove any unwanted syntax. 
- The version of the Liberation fonts used in SVG files will be upgraded. Only new thumbnails will be affected. Liberation Sans Narrow will not change. 
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.
20:06, 25 October 2021 (UTC)