More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 07:32, 13 June 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Armidale mornings 27May2011.jpg was uncategorized on 13 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:50, 14 June 2011 (UTC)
Hi! A file you uploaded, File:WA_HI_HelmetLaws.png, appears to be a diagram that could only have been made as a result of research work. As you've indicated that the image is 'your own work', I'm assuming that the image is a result of a research work you have carried out. Please, would you be able to publish the work somewhere and possibly get the 2000-2012 details to it as well? --Gryllida 10:31, 24 August 2012 (UTC)