Our first steps tour and our frequently asked questions will help you a lot after registration. They explain how to customize the interface (for example the language), how to upload files and our basic licensing policy (Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content).
You don't need technical skills in order to contribute here. Be bold when contributing and assume good faith when interacting with others. This is a wiki.
- 1 Photos from Vietnam
- 2 Thap Doi lingam
- 3 File:VN Chu nom dictionary.jpg
- 4 Da Nang Thakhek Bus.JPG
- 5 Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey
- 6 Reminder: Share your feedback in this Wikimedia survey
- 7 Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
- 8 File:Doraemon chair in Hanoi.JPG
Photos from Vietnam
Hi Dragfyre, I am trying to find photographers who might be able to help me with photos from Vietnam that I require for a range of articles. You can see the list at en:User:Russavia/Required_photos#.C2.A0Vietnam. Is there any possibility you can help with these? Any help appreciated. Cheers, russavia (talk) 07:19, 27 August 2011 (UTC)
- Hmmm, I could possibly get a better picture of the Danang Consulate, since I'm in that city right now. I was in Hanoi last week and could've taken pics there if I'd known. As for Ho Chi Minh City, I'm going there next month but I'll probably be too busy to go around much. Apart from that, I won't be able to contribute much more until next year. Sorry I can't help more than that! --Dragfyre (talk) 09:20, 27 August 2011 (UTC)
Thap Doi lingam
Hello Dragfyre: would you allow me to use the picture "Thap Doi Lingam" in a writing that is initially licensed under CC Attribution, no commercial and no derivatives? The writing develops a concept, a little similar to the I-Ching, but different in nature, and until the concept is not fully developed I don't want derivatives that will provide different interpretations to what I am trying to do and thus confuse everyone. Once it is fully developed then I will open it to derivatives. Furthermore, it has the condition of non-commercial, because my intention is to use all the proceedings to social and environmental projects. This two commitment are made clear in the document, under the CC licence. I look forward to your reply.Thanks.
- Hi-- yes, for the sole purpose of the writing in question, you may use either File:Thap Doi lingam pedestal detail.JPG or File:Thap Doi lingam side.JPG with either the Creative Commons license BY-NC-ND and/or BY-NC-SA (the 3.0 versions of each license are linked, but you may use whichever version of either license you prefer). I'll leave another message to point this out on your talk page; thanks for asking. --Dragfyre (talk) 06:43, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
Thank, you Dragfyre. Let me know if you wish me to attribute it to any name other than the dragon of fire (DragFyre).
File:VN Chu nom dictionary.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk. blocked from editing.
Da Nang Thakhek Bus.JPG
I just want wanted to compliment you on this photo. The solid composition and slow shutter speed capturing the movement of the motorbike on the left really makes this photo very good. Thanks for taking and sharing it. --Beelerb (talk) 21:03, 11 January 2018 (UTC)
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
File:Doraemon chair in Hanoi.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.