More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
- Corrected. Accidentally forgot to add licensing info when uploading; it was a Flickr image released under CC 2.0 BY-SA.DroEsperanto (talk) 18:42, 1 September 2009 (UTC)
TUSC token d01f7abaf614bf464c6719e0c6679c87
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
BotMultichillT 05:45, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Max-palevsky-night.jpg was uncategorized on 3 September 2009.
- Image:En-us-Frank and Alice dialogue.ogg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
Dude, do something about the uchicago page. I don’t know if you are aware, but that is one of the most prestigious educational institution in the world. I'm sure you can do better in reflecting that! This is an insult to the great minds that taught at that great institution. By the way, not having a picture of Milton Friedman and Enrico Fermi is an insult to their memory. Do your work better!
- Thank you! I may do some more soon if I have time. :) DroEsperanto (talk) 03:18, 20 February 2010 (UTC)
File:IMES-logo.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.