More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Portaalmiddeleeuwen.jpg is uncategorized since 3 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:50, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Station Kethel.jpg is uncategorized since 11 January 2009. BotMultichillT (talk) 05:50, 12 January 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Hendrik IV van Naaldwijk.jpg is uncategorized since 1 June 2009.
- Image:Loevestein 1911.jpg was uncategorized on 21 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:04, 22 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Plattegrond loevestein gemarkeerd.jpg was uncategorized on 21 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:04, 22 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Plattegrond loevestein1.jpg was uncategorized on 21 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:04, 22 August 2011 (UTC)
File source is not properly indicated: File:Dibbets.jpg
|This media may be deleted.|
|A file that you have uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, File:Dibbets.jpg, is missing information about where it comes from or who created it, which is needed to verify its copyright status. Please edit the file description and add the missing information, or the file may be deleted.
If you created the content yourself, enter
If someone else created the content, or if it is based on someone else's work, the source should be the address to the web page where you found it, the name and ISBN of the book you scanned it from, or similar. You should also name the author, provide verifiable information to show that the content is in the public domain or has been published under a free license by its author, and add an appropriate template identifying the public domain or licensing status, if you have not already done so.
Bestand:Slot loevestein luchtfoto.jpg
|File:Siege of Batavia 1628.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.