User talk:Editor5807

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

Hello and welcome to my talk page! I've started to archive past discussions to avoid my main talk page getting too big, however these can all still be reached through the link to the right. If you have anything you wish to dicuss then please leave a new message below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Generally, if you leave a message on my talk page then I'll get back to you on my talk page unless you request otherwise.

Last few days...[edit]

Hi - just noticed that the page on St. James Church Ryde has a photo of St Thomas' Church rather than St James. Not sure whether you were aware of this? Cheers.

Good morning (I'm up far earlier than usual - going out hunting for buses again today as they're changing this weekend here too and it's taking ages...!). Anyway, with the new SV TTs out, I was thinking which Wightbus things are most important, as the actual route will be changing and SV won't run it:

  • 22 between Lake and Sandown - all of this route done anyway.
  • 24 between Lake and Shanklin - all of this route done anyway.
  • Route 30 in its entirety, the well used journey to Newport will no longer be offered... Could do with at least one photo along the main road to Newport somewhere, perhaps at Parkhurst as that's in the middle of Northwood and Newport and you could get a nice scienc shot of it the other side of the hill (and gets some 1s too come to think of it, we've not got any there yet!)
  • Route 33A - so 1 photo remaining at Robin Hill.
  • Yarmouth - Newbridge section of the 35 - Boldnor and Cranmore are still left.
  • Route 36 in its entirety, replaced by the 35 going via the 36 route but using the same number despite following a completely different route, just to be annoying.

Obviously that's a lot to do in not much time, but I just thought I'd highlight what perhaps might be the more important things to try and do. Can you see any more changes? I think the rest of the changes are additions, like the new bit of 39 route around Sylvan Drive. The good thing is though that you've managed pretty much all of the Wightbus changes so it's not the end of the world if the rest don't get done. Arriva436/talk/contribs 04:44, 31 August 2011 (UTC)

That is early!! They do seem to be the most important things. Whilst I think we've done a lot I would have liked to have done more than I have but unfortunately these last few weeks I've been unable to due to health reasons (nothing too serious though!) The 35 and 36 have also been a nightmare to get done without a car! I'll try to get done what I can and I'll definitely be out tomorrow and Friday to get some last day shots and on Monday for the first day shots with Southern Vectis. The photos of your changes sound interesting too. Editor5807speak 11:47, 31 August 2011 (UTC)
Good to hear it wasn't too serious. As you say, hopefully you can get some good shots of the last/first days. Today was the last Wightbus 35 wasn't it? The last day is annoyingly spread over two if you get what I mean, they can't go out with a bang as the last, last day (Saturday) as hardly any services run, the last day for most stuff is Friday! I've got thousands of photos now, I doubt I'll ever upload them all! I think I might have to put them all on Flickr with a free license, and upload them here as appropriate. Big result today, I took a photo of a bus on a to be withdrawn route, and the driver got out, let me sit in the cab and took a photo of me in the cab! I am still intending to upload all IOW photos here though, I think Commons has got really good coverage of the island (not just buses!). Arriva436/talk/contribs 20:28, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
I went to Yarmouth today to get the last journey of the 35 heading out to Calbourne and also got it coming into Yarmouth at Bouldnor-ish (right on the outskirts of Yarmouth)... Do any Wightbus services run on Saturday?! I thought they were all Monday-Friday, so I was planning to photo the last service 33 at 17:20 from Newport on Friday, as I thought this would be the last ever one. It does seem to have great coverage of the island when compared to other similar places, which is good of course. It sounds like a sensible idea with Flickr. I've always wondered, as my backlog is always getting bigger, realistically the only way to make sure everything eventually goes up will be to stop taking photos, but I don't want to start missing things! If you need any help with Flickr transfers just let me know and send me a link to the photostream, I'd be happy to assist. It would be a shame to see good photos never getting uploaded... Editor5807speak 22:09, 1 September 2011 (UTC)
Sorry, just me getting mixed up. They were going to cut the Saturday service on (at least) the 32 at one point, but it survived. I remember as I got some Sat photos thinking it would be cut, then it wasn't. I must go and update the captions come to think of it! It must have finally gone at the last TT change though, I missed that change. Anyway, how did it go...?! Arriva436/talk/contribs 22:21, 2 September 2011 (UTC)
I've got some photos, although not as many as I'd have liked ddue to delays on my bus getting out in the morning. Anyway, I got one of the last journeys on the 31, which was actually being driven by a Southern Vectis driver! And had a rather modest bunch of flowers tucked under the windscreen wipers. I then got to Sandown and just missed the last 24 annoyingly (I knew it would be tight as my bus was again delayed), but managed to get the coach coming through Sandown High Street on its way to start the last 23 journey, so another photo there. I went up to Parkhurst/Horsebridge Hill to try and get the 30, but it never showed up! I guessed it must have been empty and just travelled in a different direction as opposed to back to Newport... I got the last 22 as well in Sandown, which I thought would be good to get as in the new timetable only serves Shanklin. It was a Southern Vectis liveried Wightbus Dart that was being used. Nothing to comemorate the last working though. I made my way to Newport last to get the 33 coming in at Church Litten, and leaving the bus station for the last time. There must have been about 10 other photographers doing the same thing! Sadly absolutely nothing to show it was the last service they were ever operating though, which was a shame. Editor5807speak 22:32, 2 September 2011 (UTC)

That sounds excellent. Typical for it to be late when it mattered... Shame about the 30. A shame that nothing was shown to commemorate it being the last day, I would have thought an operator like Wightbus would have had a field day, but never mind. Unsurprisingly none of the big bus companies around here had anything to mark the last journeys, although a major result was the driver of the last ever journey on one route (the evening journey in the pitch black night) stopping in the middle of the road so I could get a decent shot! Arriva436/talk/contribs 19:09, 5 September 2011 (UTC)

Going back to photos - I too think the only way would be to stop taking them, but it's too late now, I'm hooked! As you say, I don't want to miss anything. Arriva436/talk/contribs 19:09, 5 September 2011 (UTC)

How did the first day of SV go? One interesting thing is the diversion in Gurnard, sending the 32 via the route of the old, decent 32. A photo of it at the painted out old bus stop would be good! Arriva436/talk/contribs 22:15, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
The first day went pretty well. I got some photos of the 31 in Ventnor first, run with Island Minibus Services. Also some first photos of the number 6 with the old Wightbus Darts, one of which hasn't been painted into SV colours yet, it's just had the old Wightbus branding removed. Then I went to Newport and got some of the 39, folllowed by Binstead to get the 34 on Newnham Road. (Interestingly Wightbus' Plaxton Beaver was being used) And finally Ryde to get the 33. On Wednesday I managed a few more of the 39 in Mayfield Drive and Sylvan Drive too.
Also of interest was the Bestival shuttles which started today. I've mainly got Ryde and Newport so far but I'll try to do Cowes and East Cowes tomorrow. There have been huge problems this year with traffic, causing massive queues. I've got a photo of people queuing half-way up Ryde Pier!! Editor5807speak 22:26, 8 September 2011 (UTC)
Excellent! I look forward to seeing the photos. One working to look out for I've heard about, is on loan Scania 2098 (YN06 CJE) which does the 1705 37, and apparently has been regularly doing the morning 0812 33 from Swanore Road into Newport. I assume you've seen the Veolia Opatre Tempos by now! There's five, 2501 & 2506-2509. Arriva436/talk/contribs 10:25, 10 September 2011 (UTC)
Has the fleet number for the Scania changed to 2098 then? Because we have photos on Commons of it as number 2001. Anyway, I've got a photo of it on the 33, although it was an afternoon working from when I was doing the Bestival shuttles in Ryde the other day. Also interestingly I caught an old Wight Rollers minibus on the 37 too. I've seen the Veolia buses around and got a few photos. Are they staying for a while now they've actually had SV fleet numbers put on them? Editor5807speak 19:04, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
I guess so, I think I mentioned at the time "2001" was the same fleet number as a Bluestar Uni-link OmniCity, so I would make sense that is was a different number! No one knows about the Tempos. As you might have heard, Go South Coast have taken on a ton of work in Dorset after Dorset CC retendered everything in some dodgy new scheme. "Damory" have won most of it, but it's all gone hKitFormBoundaryfveQeC1xPOdjs5YP
all over the place are now running services. They've even got Metrobus drivers from Crawley and Croydon staying up in hotels to drive buses! The school runs have gone particularly badly. Anyway, the upshot of it is that the Tempos are in limbo and could spend any amount of time on the island. Their fleet numbers are GSC numbers, rather than SV ones (the whole GSC fleet don't have any duplicates, something started when the SV B7TLs were renumbered many years ago), so it doesn't really indicate anything. Apparently they were pressed into service with the wrong legal lettering - very naughty! Have also heard they have been turning left out of the bus station on routes 5 and 9. Not sure whether you've noticed this yourself, but people seem to think it might be down to the extra long length of the buses...? Arriva436/talk/contribs 21:17, 14 September 2011 (UTC)

Route 36[edit]

There's some discussion going on at the moment about route 36. Route 36 was initially registered by SV, but then cancelled again, as it is now replaced by route 35 - why the same number for two very different routes I don't know! Anyway, according to Traveline, the 36 is running until 21st October, and will then stop. However, Southern Vectis publicity does not mention it at all. There's speculation SV are having to run it because they need to give 56 days notice on any service changes, but aren't publicising it, so that no one will complain when it gets cut. However, it could just be that Traveline still have the 36 timetable up by accident! Here's the alleged timetable! http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk/se/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=set&line=08036&sup=B&project=y08&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=SEWEB15_15047203&lineVer=

Have you seen this service running? Do you think you could go and check and see if it actually runs, because if it turns out it does, then there's a limited amount of time to get photos!

Also, loads more diversions.... Not sure if you can manage the Gurnard one (I'd love to go over to get a photo of it on diversion along the old 32 route down The Avenue myself but it seems a bit much!), but there's St James' Square being closed for a day, Mayfield Drive being closed for ages and one in Freshwater - which will see the Needles Tour going along narrow residential roads that don't usually see buses - still in the pipeline (details on SV site). There's not exactly been a shortage of diversions and disruption, lately, has there?! Arriva436/talk/contribs 17:42, 20 September 2011 (UTC)

I actually saw the 36 details on Traveline ages ago and thought it must have been a mistake as there wasn't any mention in the SV timetable, it seemed like a bit of a strange journey running only Newport to Gatcombe... I looked out at 11:10 the other day for it in the bus station and nothing turned up. There was a 35 which came in at the time, but then left as private, and nothing else really happened. I'll try for the Gurnard one and the 39 in Newport should be really easy. I actually got photos of St James Street closed for the cycling and Eco Island event thing today, as well as some of the various other performances going on. Unfortunately I only had 45 minutes during a lunch break from my Saturday job, so no time for any buses on diversion really!
Also, I have seen the Tempo buses turn both ways into South Street from the bus station now, and I've got a photo of one following the normal route out so I'm not sure why some go the other way. I notice they've also got Southern Vectis legal lettering on now too. Does this mean they are actually Southern Vectis owned, at least for the time being? Because so far I've been a bit unsure how to name the files! Editor5807speak 19:54, 24 September 2011 (UTC)
OK, keep an eye out for the 36 then. I reckon Traveline's got it wrong. If you could get the 32 in Gurnard it would be great! As I said before, the bus stop served by the old 32 is clearly visible (File:Gurnard The Avenue bus stop.JPG), it would be good to get a photo of it coming over that. In fact, it should have to wait time, so you might be able to run down and get it at the lower end of the diversion too. Though thinking about it, it will be late, so probably not! Depends how much free time you've got to spend getting other photos of stuff in Gurnard I guess.
Sounds interesting about the Eco event thing. I thought it was just for roadworks lol! A shame it ruined the service on the 1, according to SV Twitter. I'd name the Tempos SV, yes. They've literally been bought, along with many other buses and coaches, with no idea as to what they are going to be used on yet! Perhaps "Go South Coast" might be better. When you upload them on here I'm sure we'll have found out though. I can't imagine them staying on the island though, given the debacle with the Citaros...! Arriva436/talk/contribs 20:55, 25 September 2011 (UTC)


Just to confirm, route 36 is indeed being run, until 21st October, so there's still some time left to get photos. It's not being pulisised by SV as it was replaced by the 35 (the council only asked them to run the 35 at the last minute), but as they'd registered the 36 they have to run it for the 56-day period for any route change. Timetable, should it disappear from Traveline, is: 0918 & 1118 from Gatcombe, 1110 & 1410 from Newport bus station, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays only. Arriva436/talk/contribs 11:21, 7 October 2011 (UTC)
OK, I'll keep a look out for it on those days. It must have been a Tuesday or Thursday when I checked before... On a positive note, I have now managed to get the 32 going down The Avenue in Gurnard, travelling over the old bus stop in your photo. Editor5807speak 18:27, 7 October 2011 (UTC)
OK cool. Thanks for getting the 32 on diversion, I really appreciate that!!! I look forward to seeing the photos. Which vehicle was it? And are the bus stop flags new SV ones or what on the new community routes? As well as the 36 which is definitely ending, the 21 is ending for the season at the end of the month. I guess you have seen the new timetables. Anyway, there's no guarantee it will return, so I thought I'd remind you in case you see it. I've literally just got two boring bus station photos of it in Newport, and nothing in Yarmouth. I have got the bus stops at the Blacksmiths Arms though.
The long time diversion round my way is finally due to end on Sunday. Well, for buses. The road opened to cars on Friday evening but there was no set opening date for it, so the bus company have been screwed over and have had to keep the buses on diversion for a week extra until short notice registration changes can be placed with the traffic commissioner! Arriva436/talk/contribs 20:18, 11 October 2011 (UTC)

The bus used was 2618 (R618 NFX). Unfortunately the display didn't light up in the first one, but in the shot after you can clearly see it's the 32 which is good. All the bus stop flags have been new Southern Vectis ones. Southern Vectis seem to be still in the process of numbering each flag correctly (I noticed the ones in Chillerton the other day were having the 35 added), because until recently many stops have had just the basic flag, with no route number, timetable case or even bus stop name! I'm going to aim to get the 36 done on Friday and I may have opportunity on Saturday to do some of the 21, although can't guarantee it! So far I've only got one in Newport too, and a few flags between Ningwood and Newbridge from when I did the 35 and 36 with Wightbus. Editor5807speak 20:32, 11 October 2011 (UTC)

OK thanks. All sounds good. Another diversion, this one perhaps up there with the best: http://ventnorblog.com/2011/10/20/brading-high-street-closure-next-week/
It's like one of those "Walking Buses", but for actually bus passengers! Would be amusing if you could get photos of loads of people all being marched by SV staff between the bus stops!!! Arriva436/talk/contribs 18:06, 20 October 2011 (UTC)

SV on One Show[edit]

The Southern Vectis 'volunteer driver' scheme was discussed on tonight's The One Show, including a few scenes of buses/depot etc, so I thought I'd let you know in case you never saw it and want to catch it on the iPlayer. I've pinged your Isle of Wight partner in crime too.... Ultra7 (talk) 18:29, 27 September 2011 (UTC)

I had heard about it but was out at the time it was shown. I didn't even think about catching up on iPlayer, so thanks for the reminder as it was very interesting! Editor5807speak 22:35, 27 September 2011 (UTC)

Update[edit]

SV are now down to two Tempos - the others have all left the island. Routes 4 and 37 are now both allocated Solos (the bus fleet ones: 2631 and 2638), and interwork. 2631 made a rush hour number 9 journey today apparently!! Repainted Volvo B7TL 1952 made the Brading Shuttle today: http://www.flickr.com/photos/reynardbizzar/6281108416/ . The pair are due to start running some am duplicates on route 9 soon. Hopefully they will escape onto other stuff though. The centre doors aren't being used though - booooo!!

Arriva436/talk/contribs 21:42, 25 October 2011 (UTC)

I knew I'd forgotten something. It was about 614's new rear ad for the Ghost Bus open top tours that are being run for halloween. http://www.flickr.com/photos/reynardbizzar/6281200642/ Yet more stuff available to photo... At least there were not any real route changes this TT change! Arriva436/talk/contribs 22:16, 25 October 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for the links. I think I've got all the Tempos now, I'm just going through all the photos I've taken recently (there's quite a lot!) so hopefully there won't be any gaps. I've seen the Solos out on the 37 and 4 as well. I actually have a photo from earlier in the year of Solos on the 37 anyway. I went to Brading earlier today and got some good shots. The 'walking bus' ones don't look as good as they could have as everyone tended to spread out and not really walk with the Southern Vectis staff, but I'll still upload them. I was in Ryde bus station at the time the photo of 1952 was taken, although annoyingly on a number 9 bus as it was leaving!! I'm sure there will be other opportunities to get it though. I'll keep a look out for 614, the Ghost Bus Tour certainly sounds interesting! I've just seen the details on the website. Editor5807speak 22:51, 25 October 2011 (UTC)
The Tempos were 2501, 2506, 2507, 2508 & 2509, if that helps. And just to confirm, the other one of "the pair" involving 1952 is 1951. What you've got sounds great. The Ghost Bus Tour does sound good - first one tomorrow I think off the top of my head? (yes, I've just checked). Hopefully it will be successful and will run again next year - but people won't have as much free time as they would to go on the Christmas Lights one so it might be less busy! Arriva436/talk/contribs 14:21, 26 October 2011 (UTC)

Well, it didn't take too long for a rare working, apparently one of the "new" B7TLs was on the 5 the other day. So you might see them in other places than their scheduled route 9 am workings and the 1615 2 ex-Newport duplicate. However, they're too tall for Morton Common Bridge, so they can't actually run the full route 2 or 3!

According to SV Facebook, most days on the Ghost Bus Tour were fully booked which is good news, hopefully it will run again next year then!

Even more diversions, the list is never ending...! Aside from the current route 2 diversion from Sandown and the shuttle to Merstone, there's even more. Two relatively uninteresting ones to the 25 and 6 - but I've been looking at details of all the roadworks in Bembridge, and traffic will be driving around the one way system in the wrong direction, which might make some unusual photos! Arriva436/talk/contribs 19:47, 6 November 2011 (UTC)

That's great news. I've got some photos of the Merstone shuttle as well as the equally uninteresting diversion of 4s and 9s while Cross Street was closed, just because I had some spare time. Bembridge does sound interesting.. I've been meaning to go there for ages since the new lifeboat station was built too! Editor5807speak 23:15, 10 November 2011 (UTC)

It's bendy time[edit]

I assume you've heard (from SV Facebook) the interesting news about the artic Citaro coming to the island, for trials for events fleet work? Anyway, it's been seen out and about today for the first time, so keep an eye out for it! Arriva436/talk/contribs 20:43, 21 November 2011 (UTC)

Yes I'd seen the post but thanks for letting me know. It's a shame they haven't given any details on when they'll be testing it but I'll keep a look out. Hopefully it'll stay for events work anyway. Editor5807speak 21:29, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
Good news, there's another 11 coming apparently to join the events fleet. I don't think any will "do a 1951/2" and end up in the bus fleet, though!
DAF 507 (can you even remember that?!) is finally ready - I don't know when its repairs were started but I wouldn't be surprised if it's been being done for a year or more. Will be on 5s apparently, the original plan for it to go on the 25 obviously dashed by the subsequent arrival of many Solos.
Also, in the rumour mill, there's apparently plans to replace the MPDs... Arriva436/talk/contribs 20:07, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
Right thanks, I'll keep a look out for it, only 18 months after it was originally transferred! (around the time of the 2010 Festival?) About the MPDs, I did see the following conversation on their Facebook page at the end of November:
  • Facebook user: "Hello SV. I was looking at Bluestar on facebook and someone asked them if it is true that the remaining 10 Dennis MPDs will be going to them. Is this true and if so, what will happen to route 1?"
  • Southern Vectis: "Hi. No, we have no current plans to replace any of the current bus fleet, though we may add to it."
So I don't know. Getting the rest of route 1 operated with MPDs shouldn't be too difficult in a short time frame anyway, and I've got photos of three of the five old Wightbus ones now. Editor5807speak 23:20, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
I can't actually remember when it transferred, I'd have to check. It's a bit of an odd one though, it's far older than the rest of the service bus fleet (bar the community bus Solos). They should have just kept a Citaro if they wanted to use a single decker on the 5! I just hope its interior has been fully refurbished.
Nothing surprises me about the MPDs, SV have changed their mind about them so many time it's unbelievable. First they were going to paint them all, then they were going to wait and do other vehicles etc etc... The recent events until now were plans to refurbish them, then they changed their mind and MMH said they were going to replace them, and no they've clearly changed their mind again...
I don't think the long Darts would go from the 6 - it's the native ones used on the 1 that are at risk. With all the seatbelts etc, I would hae thought the ex-Wightbus MPDs are safe too. It's a real shame I think that neither ex-Wightbus MPD has made the 1 yet. There was a decker out on the 1 for the whole day a few weeks back, plenty of opportunity to get a ex-Wightbus MPD on it. In fact, the Solo are apparently able to get through the arch, just - now that would be a good sighting!! Arriva436/talk/contribs

Various[edit]

Did we ever get the 7 at Calbourne? If not, it's on diversion at the moment so now's the chance lol! One thing you may have noticed is that they're running extra buses (i.e. double deckers) on the 1 during the roadworks at Horsebridge Hill, which have now been extended into February. Also, a lot of the coaches have been re-registered in the past week, which is not very helpful! And there's a fleet re-numberings on the cards too, so we could have a problem with that in the future. Arriva436/talk/contribs 14:22, 24 January 2012 (UTC)

Thanks for letting me know about that, I'll try and find time to get a photo. I noticed I think 531 was re-registered the other day and wondered if any more had been. It probably will cause problems, particularly if they're going to start re-numbering parts of the fleet too! I guess we'll have to see what happens and come up with a sensible solution from there... Editor5807speak 19:57, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
Last day tomorrow. I hope they haven't finished already/don't finish early! A shame we can't have everything (i.e. it going via Newbridge!), as it will be running via Elm Lane, but if you get a shot of it from here (http://g.co/maps/npbjm), after it's turned out of Elm Lane, with the Sun Inn in the background, it will look just like old times lol. Also, they're timed to pass through in either direction quite closely so you could get one down Elm Lane. And if you've really got time on your hands, you could get one on the approach into Carrisbrooke that's no longer served, too!
I think it's fine if just the reg changes, as the fleet numbers keep them together, but when fleet number changes occur they'll be trouble. Ah well - I suppose we can't do anything other than just carrying on with the current naming style and linking all the old pictures to ones of the vehicle with its new number. It'll be bad if the reg plate and fleet number both change though and no one gets a photo of it in between - as they could to all intensive purposes be two different vehicles!
Also, thought you'd might want to try and snap another unfortunate closure: http://iwcp.co.uk/news/news/post-office-to-close-42689.aspx Arriva436/talk/contribs 21:39, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
Ohhh I'm not going to be able to make it then I'm afraid. I'm going to be busy pretty much all day tomorrow. :| Luckily we've already got Brading post office but there's a few other things I need to get, like youth centres which look set to go as well. If I'm organised enough I might put together a page of everything I'm aiming to get photographed in 2012 that I won't be able to once it's gone, like events, service closures, building works, major roadworks, diversions etc as well, to avoid missing too much. Editor5807speak 22:45, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
Ooops - I knew there was something else I needed to do but I forgot it. I was to check whether we already had Brading post office...! Ah well, not to worry. I think I read that the 3 was going to be diverted away from Wroxall again, so I assume another spell of it through Whitwell? The plan to get some more closures sounds good. Arriva436/talk/contribs 17:23, 25 January 2012 (UTC)
Yep, the route 3 diversion is now on their site. It starts on Monday 30th January. Did they stop on the diversion route through Whitwell last time?? Arriva436/talk/contribs 17:37, 28 January 2012 (UTC)

I'll keep a look out for it then. The number 6 driver spoke to me about it today actually. He said there's no guarantee. I think SV have said drivers can use stops in Whitwell (as they did before and do on other diversions), but there's always a chance one driver won't... Editor5807speak 22:06, 28 January 2012 (UTC)

http://islandbuses.info/newsstory.php?articleid=333 Having actually read the notice with my brain engaged, I see that the shuttle isn't from Wroxall northwards to meet with the 3. It runs south via Rew Lane (a single track road), to meet with the 3 at Ocean View Road, Ventnor. From what it says (i.e. no fares available from the shuttle), and the width of the road, I assume they'll be operating it with a minibus that wouldn't usually see public service?! Could be worth some shots, especially in Rew Lane and the connection with the bus! Arriva436/talk/contribs 19:30, 29 January 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for the link. I'll keep a look out for the shuttle and the 3 in Whitwell and try to get some photos. Editor5807speak 11:14, 1 February 2012 (UTC)

Have you got any pictures of Wightrollers coaches in their white based livery? I ask, because the first one has just come out of repaint into the new Wightrollers livery (standard GSC coaching livery with "Wightrollers" written on the side, unsurprisingly).

Perhaps more worrying is what appeared on VOSA today: Cancellations, effective 1st April 2011, of the 22, 23, 24, X10 and X11. I can easily see them being killed off with no replacement - so it might be best to try and work on them now before it's too late. I'll keep you updated if anything else turns up on VOSA in the next few days. There's also a timetable change to the the 35, and a timetable and route change to the 32 to look out for... Things never stay the same for long, do they...?! Arriva436/talk/contribs 20:25, 7 February 2012 (UTC)

I've got a few in the old Wightrollers livery yes. One I think was actually before Southern Vectis took them over and so was before the SV fleet numbers/names were added. I am really busy now, probably until around June but I'll try to get something if I'm in the area. I see the X10 and X11 a lot and they seem so well used! So it would be a shame if they went. With the 22, 23 and 24 I'm not so surprised. Cllr Ian Ward for Sandown South posted this to his online blog a while ago (http://ianward.blogspot.com/2012_01_01_archive.html#3212675119555817941). With the changes on VOSA it would seem likely there will be changes, but hopefully some form of replacement will run. I'll try and find time to get something anyway. Editor5807speak 20:53, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
That's good re Wightrollers. Yes, the X10 and X11 do seem odd ones to go if they're well used, they must be pretty marginal cost too. I'll see what, if anything, I can do at Easter - I might come over. Incidentally, I note that due to a burst water main at Shalfleet, the 7 is currently running through Calbourne again - and also Newbridge!! I wonder if anyone's tried to catch the 7 from Newbridge in the past few hours lol. Arriva436/talk/contribs 10:41, 9 February 2012 (UTC)
I've actually got some good news. Yesterday I was in the Bay area and had the morning free so took some photos. I got route 22 done at Lake Morrisons, Shanklin Co-op, the Esplanade, Hope Road and Sibden Hill. The 23 done at Morrisons and the Co-op and the 24 done at Morrisons, Perowne Way and Sandown town. I got various bus stops in-between as well. Obviously there’s still more that needs doing, mainly with the 23 but at least that’s some of the pressure taken off. Editor5807speak 13:34, 9 February 2012 (UTC)
That's great! We'll see how the rest goes, take it as it comes. But no re-registrations of anything yet... Arriva436/talk/contribs 18:28, 11 February 2012 (UTC)

Bit of a bummer: It's been noticed that the Sandown Bay Tour was dereigistered for the winter as normal, but was not re-registered when the Downs Tour was. Oh - and all the bus stop flags have been taken down...! So it looks like it's being withdrawn. Wish we'd known beforehand! Arriva436/talk/contribs 21:26, 22 February 2012 (UTC)

I noticed this when I was getting the 22/23/24 photos the other day and was a bit worried about it, but can it really be disappearing? I thought it was one of their most successful tours? The timetable cases just have a notice saying something along the lines of "After another great season, the Sandown Bay Tour is now suspended for the Winter period, but will be back again next year". It will be a great shame if it has gone anyway... Editor5807speak 22:35, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
OK I've just checked the website and all mention of it has been removed from there as well, so it looks like it has gone! Editor5807speak 22:36, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
Ah yes - I forgot to mention the website aspect! Have just had it confirmed by a member of SV staff that it won't be returning. Well - that's certainly a surprise and has happened very quickly. What a shame. Arriva436/talk/contribs 23:07, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
Sorry for yet more, but this diversion (http://www.islandbuses.info/newsstory.php?articleid=340), while only a short one, should be interesting. I assume all traffic will be able to use the Niton one way system the wrong way for a couple of hours. Arriva436/talk/contribs 21:01, 23 February 2012 (UTC)

Out of interest, are you going to be able to make Bustival this year? Arriva436/talk/contribs 21:16, 7 April 2012 (UTC)

Yes, it looks good this year. There's been a lot of promotion for it, leaflets, bus adverts, banners and posters so I'll definitely go. Editor5807speak 21:33, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
That's good. I can't make it again this year as I think I said, which is a shame as - as you say - it looks like it'll be good. They're planning on taking a Citaro artice I've heard. Talking of that, a lot of the ex-London B7TLs have moved to Damory, which perhaps signifies the artics will definitely run the festival services...? Cue me standing at Carvel Lane for ages waiting for one lol! Arriva436/talk/contribs 17:56, 8 April 2012 (UTC)

New numbers[edit]

Think it should be OK to post these now, to keep track.

  • 053 7101 HF08 UHS
  • 055 7103 HF08 UHU
  • 066 7224 P124 RWR
  • 092 7222 P886 RWW
  • 190 1991 HW52EPK
  • 191 1992 HW52EPL
  • 192 1993 HW52EPN
  • 193 1994 HW52EPO
  • 194 1995 HW52EPP
  • 195 1996 HW52EPU
  • 196 1997 HW52EPV
  • 201 7411 N411 WJL
  • 202 7605 M845 LFP
  • 203 7606 L396 YAM
  • 204 7603 S603 KUT
  • 235 7846 M846 LFP
  • 251 7351 F783 AFX
  • 301 3314 HW54BTU
  • 302 3315 HW54BTV
  • 304 3317 HW54BTY
  • 308 3321 HW54BUF
  • 309 3322 HW54BUH
  • 310 3323 HW54BUJ
  • 311 3324 HW54BUO
  • 312 3325 HW54BUP
  • 313 3326 HW54BUU
  • 501 7226 P126 RWR
  • 515 7004 M304 KOD
  • 521 7265 K529 RJX
  • 522 7261 K408 XFX
  • 531 7202 N45 FWU
  • 532 7203 N983 FWT
  • 581 7225 P125 RWR
  • 582 7223 P887 RWW
  • 587 7006 P41 RCR
  • 588 7015 R94 LHO
  • 590 7011 R811 NUD
  • 593 7030 R810 NUD
  • 594 7012 R812 NUD
  • 595 7013 R813 NUD
  • 597 7029 R809 NUD
  • 601 4611 N411 JBV
  • 602 702 CDL 899
  • 614 4614 N14 WAL
  • 625 5625 K125 BUD
  • 637 4637 R737 XRV
  • 638 4638 R738 XRV
  • 639 4639 R739 XRV
  • 641 4641 R741 XRV
  • 642 4642 K742 ODL
  • 643 4643 K743 ODL
  • 821 8232 NCZ6561
  • 2615 3615 R615 NFX
  • 2618 3618 R618 NFX
  • 2620 3620 R620 NFX
  • 2621 3621 R621 NFX
  • 2631 3631 S631 JRU
  • 2632 3632 S632 JRU
  • 2638 3638 T638 AJT
  • 2644 3644 T644 AJT
  • 2649 3649 T649 AJT
  • 3233 7010 R807 NUD
  • 5038 7027 R401 DWL
  • 5602 3602 R602 NFX
  • 6003 7402 5184 MM
  • 7001 7007 N307 UTT
  • 7002 7008 P308 CTT

Though 601 and 614 have been sold. 507 (T165 AUA), 589 (N976 UPR), 591 (G392 GJT), 592 (G358 GJT) and 596 (K728 JWX) I don't know about yet. Hope that helps. Arriva436/talk/contribs 18:30, 14 May 2012 (UTC)

Thanks for letting me know, that looks very interesting. It'll probably be a while until I get chance to upload any under the new style as I've still got tonnes of old ones, but do you have any thoughts on how we should go about naming the new files? I've thought of a few ideas, using 312 (or 3325) as an example....
  • Alternatively, we could start the numbers again and start with "File:Southern Vectis 3325 HW54 BUP.JPG". I think this way, it would be important to link back to all the images uploaded beforehand under the old fleet number system, perhaps as a gallery on the new image pages.
  • Thirdly, we could stop giving each photo a number and instead add the road name or prominent location to every file name, as we have done in some cases in the past. e.g. File:Southern Vectis 312 HW54 BUP and Osborne House entrance 2.JPG. This way would give more information immediately in the file name. However, some images are taken tightly around the bus, with very little else visible in the shot. These would be more difficult to name in this way. It would also cause problems at rallys and events, where we'd probably need a name like "File:Southern Vectis 3325 HW54 BUP at Southern Vectis Bustival (year).JPG".
Anyway, those are just some of my initial thoughts and anything we do chose is likely to have pros and cons. But as I said, it'll probably be a while before I get onto uploading photos under the new system. Editor5807speak 22:41, 14 May 2012 (UTC)
I don't think the first option would be very good, as you say. I personally think the second option is the best. As you say, we'd need to make it clear that the number had changed, but a gallery that can simply be copied and pasted across to new uploads should do the job pretty well.
I think the last option would be even more unwieldy than it is now, I kind of regret doing that now - it would've been far simpler if we just numbered everything 1, 2, 3 regardless of how much of the frame the bus covered! But I think what we've got now with the geographical names if appropriate is reasonable enough.
One option would be (in addition to one of the above) to use sort keys - use the new fleet numbers and they'd all go into line, even if the file names weren't. What do you think of that? P.S. 601 and 614 left island shores today! Arriva436/talk/contribs 20:38, 15 May 2012 (UTC)
Just to say I am coming over next week. You'll have noticed I've totally failed thus far to keep up my promise of uploading my island pictures. I am busy with work at the moment, but I am still hoping to upload them at the back end of the holidays! Arriva436/talk/contribs 20:49, 10 August 2012 (UTC)
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I've already been down to Cowes to take some photos, and I'll be back down later in the week to do more, plus the fireworks on Friday. I guessed you'd been busy so that's not a problem! :) Editor5807speak 22:29, 13 August 2012 (UTC)
I got quite a few photos of the sailing this year, and a handful in Cowes town centre. A few deckers on the 1 of course, though I suspect I may have missed a couple on some days. And I only got a photo of 4637 from the back seat of the car! I didn't really get around on the island much, no Rover Ticket day out - so what I've got was just from where I went with everyone else. I did get to Freshwater twice though.
I also managed a couple of photos of the 32, I was pleased to snap a proper Southern Vectis bus in Gurnard on the 32. Even if it was a Solo, not a Dart, and actually 'the 27'...! I also got a few photos of the Sailbus, which returned this year which was a major surprise. It was the same bus all week (I didn't see Monday), so I didn't take too many photos.
I only took my phone to the fireworks this year, and I've not put the photos on the computer yet, so I'll see how that went! The barge was right in front of our usual place as well this year, and the fireworks were (we thought, anyway) the best for a few years - so it was quite a good night! Arriva436/talk/contribs 18:32, 19 August 2012 (UTC)

Sounds good. I got a lot of photos of the sailing this year as well. I didn't even realise the Sailbus was running again until Friday, so I only got a few of it in a few places in Cowes and Prince's Esplanade in Gurnard. I had to work a lot during the week, so I only saw the occasional decker on the 1, other than on Friday night.

I agree the fireworks this year were very impressive. I thought they were the best for a while as well. I actually took a lot of photos of the fireworks, so we'll still have some good coverage of it. Mine were, as with previous years taken from the green.

I'm also not too far away from reaching my Cowes Week photos from last year now! Editor5807speak 20:14, 21 August 2012 (UTC)

Cafe Decoration[edit]

Hi Editor5807

You have loads of great Ryde pics. I need a couple for my Ryde cafe. Can I commission your professional help in my quest?

Andy (01983 618699, 07582869083, andyspencer54@gmail.com)

Thanks Andy, I've just sent you an email. Editor5807speak 11:12, 1 February 2012 (UTC)

New buses[edit]

I'm sure you're aware about the 17 new Optare Solo SRs that are being delivered. Some have entered service and they've been on the 22, 32 and 39 (at least) today. Have we got green old Solos on all the community bus routes? Or indeed, have we got all the green Solos?! There's a load of new Enviro400s coming too.

It's a shame the community routes will now be run with blue buses. Personally, I think having a few school buses painted green, rather than the new dedicated school livery, is a lot better than operating bus routes which people will expect to be green but will now be blue! But there you go. I'm just glad I managed a green 32 in Gurnard! Arriva436/talk/contribs 21:03, 11 September 2012 (UTC)

I've seen and heard about the new Solos, and saw one on the 39 today. Although they do look very nice, I agree it will be a bit strange to have blue buses suddenly start appearing on the Community routes. I'm sure on the odd occasion they may even make it out onto regular services! I've been looking through and so far we definitely have at least one on all the community routes. I'm currently looking through all the photos I've taken to make sure we've got all the green Solos. With all the Community shots I've got, I'm reasonably confident with that. I also need to check we've got coverage of all the Volvo Olympians used for school routes, as I'm guessing they'll be leaving..? Editor5807speak 21:54, 11 September 2012 (UTC)
Yes - on the number 6 probably! That's good. Yes, the Olympians will be going, but the Enviro400s aren't due for a while yet so obviously they'll carry on for the moment. The whole coaching fleet would appear to be being re-branded to "Vectis Blue", so it might be a good idea to snap every coach you see for a while! I'm not sure if you've seen any of the engineering vans yet. One Transit and the Renaults now in bus green, while another Transit is in Vectis blue! Arriva436/talk/contribs 22:25, 11 September 2012 (UTC)

I've just uploaded some pictures from February 2011 - including a number of the public toilets in Bembridge which were due to be closed by the council. Do you know which ones were actually closed in the end? Arriva436/talk/contribs 16:00, 23 September 2012 (UTC)

The photos look great. A shame the weather wasn't! I've tried emailing the Isle of Wight Council before to find out which toilets actually closed. Unbelievably they said they had no record of it, but pointed me to a map showing which ones were still open (http://www.iwight.com/living_here/maps/public_toilets.asp). Looking at what you've uploaded, the only ones still open in Bembridge are the Lane End toilets. So the High Street must be closed. The East Cowes Esplanade ones are definitely closed as the map also shows. Editor5807speak 22:47, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
Thanks. Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy moving back to uni. Thanks - I'll update the captions in due course. I hope to upload some more pics in a couple of weeks, I've only done a pretty measly amount over the summer so far! Arriva436/talk/contribs 20:34, 1 October 2012 (UTC)

Photography on Christ the King College[edit]

This photo - the one you uploaded - on Christ the King College, Isle of Wight was a screenshot from Google Street-view.

I would have thought that you would have taken the photo. Instead of this lame thing.

Please reply via e-mail to anon83958@gmail.com

You haven't said which image of Christ the King I've supposedly taken from Google Street View, but the only two I've uploaded (1 and 2) were uploaded in December 2008, before the Isle of Wight was even included in Google Street View. The camera details are also at the bottom of the page. Thanks for taking an interest, Editor5807speak 18:47, 15 January 2013 (UTC)

Train categorisation[edit]

Hi mate. Just to let you know, there's a template to make UK train categorisation a bit easier: {{ukt}}. -mattbuck (Talk) 06:59, 25 April 2013 (UTC)

Thanks for letting me know. I did wonder if there was a categorisation system as there is with buses in the UK. I've got some more train photos to upload so I'll use your template when uploading my next ones. Editor5807speak 00:01, 26 April 2013 (UTC)

File:Covent Garden tube station Boxing Day 2011 tube strike notice.JPG[edit]

Hi. I had to delete this image because there is no Freedom of Panorama in the UK for 2D works. Basically this means that if you see something 2D which is in public (eg a mural, poster, etc), it is copyrighted. This is not the same for 3D works - you can upload photos of statues etc to your heart's content. -mattbuck (Talk) 18:38, 5 September 2013 (UTC)

File:Southsea Hovertravel terminal November 2011 service suspension notice.jpeg[edit]

Commons-emblem-issue.svg File:Southsea Hovertravel terminal November 2011 service suspension notice.jpeg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.

If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Please remember to respond to and – if appropriate – contradict the arguments supporting deletion. Arguments which focus on the nominator will not affect the result of the nomination. Thank you!


Afrikaans | العربية | Български | বাংলা | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | עברית | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Íslenska | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Norsk nynorsk | Norsk bokmål | Occitan | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Shqip | Српски / srpski | Svenska | Türkçe | українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

Stefan4 (talk) 22:05, 14 October 2013 (UTC)

Grange Chine[edit]

Hi - I'm just putting the finishing touches to a biography of Maxwell Gray [1], and have suddenly realised that I haven't taken a photo of Grange Chine (which occurs in one of her novels). I'm never quite clear on where exactly the GNU license stands on commercial use; would it be OK, with suitable credit and source attribution, to use your photo? It's not a glossy mass-produced book, just a geeky monograph. Gordonofcartoon (talk) 20:38, 19 October 2013 (UTC) (Gordonofcartoon [2] at Wikipedia; I've been doing various Undercliff topics there lately).

Hi, that's fine to use my image. The license of my uploads to Commons allows commercial use anyway. Thanks for letting me know, I'm glad it has been useful. Editor5807speak 21:55, 20 October 2013 (UTC)
Thanks very much - I thought commercial use was OK, but I preferred to ask anyway. Gordonofcartoon (talk) 11:34, 21 October 2013 (UTC)

IoW Piers[edit]

Hi Extremely pleased to have found your images of extant piers on the Island. Am collating content for new book for the National Piers Society, being published by English Heritage in the summer, when we will be having our AGM in Ryde. July 12. EHP need large files and your images are perfect for this. For credit purposes in the book, it would be really helpful if you could give me a name, rather than your Username! If you would like me to add a (short) link to a website adjoining, please tell me what you want me to put. For your info, I have selected images of Ryde, Sandown, Totland and Yarmouth piers and I hope that you will confirm that you are happy for me to include them. As I'm a complete novice on this site, could I ask you to email me on nps@timothyphillips.co.uk. Many thanks. Tim (Chair of Soc. at www.piers.org.uk)

E-mail sent. Editor5807speak 13:44, 2 January 2014 (UTC)

File:Stratford International station platform 16 in March 2012 3.JPG[edit]

The photos in this set are not of Stratford International, they're the domestic station. I will fix them for you. -mattbuck (Talk) 13:08, 5 March 2014 (UTC)

Okay, I got the details from signs around at the time but I'd obviously looked in the wrong place. Thanks for making the corrections! Editor5807speak 03:06, 9 March 2014 (UTC)

Football images[edit]

Going through Category:Media needing categories as of 30 November 2014, I noticed there's several hundred UK football images you uploaded. I know less than nothing about football, so if you get a chance can you add appropriate categories to these? Thanks for your time. INeverCry 02:31, 14 February 2015 (UTC)

Apologies for the late reply, I've been busy with a few other things off Commons and so have had much less time to contribute lately. It is on my 'to do list', and have a separate category with all the images I've uploaded that still need to be categorise. If I'm uploading my own photos, they always get categorised as I upload, but as this was rather a large batch from Flickr I've left them to work through. They will be done, as I continue to upload my own. Editor5807speak 00:25, 24 February 2015 (UTC)

Bus Images[edit]

Hi Editor5807, When uploading please add the categories too - It's frustrating having to authorize the tool, grab the url stuff, fill everything in and then finding out the file's already on here so I'd ask in future please add cats - It makes life so much easier :)
Thanks and Happy Editing, –Davey2010(talk) 21:17, 13 March 2015 (UTC)

File:Wightbus 5862 HW54 DCE rear 6.JPG[edit]

Please, add a description to this photo (what, where etc) - categories also would be welcome. Pibwl (talk) 20:42, 17 March 2015 (UTC)

Done. Editor5807speak 23:06, 18 March 2015 (UTC)

Isle of Wight[edit]

Please explain me better because I haven't understood. ok, the isle of Wight is an island, and we both agree. but as Isle of Wight is an administrative entity, I guess. -- SERGIO (aka the Blackcat) 09:02, 3 April 2015 (UTC)
P.S.: You're also a file mover. You should know that - apart from the reason of the renaming - this is not the way of renaming a category.

File:Portsmouth Goldsmith Avenue Conservative Party general election 2010 advertisment vandalism.JPG[edit]

Commons-emblem-issue.svg File:Portsmouth Goldsmith Avenue Conservative Party general election 2010 advertisment vandalism.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.

If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Please remember to respond to and – if appropriate – contradict the arguments supporting deletion. Arguments which focus on the nominator will not affect the result of the nomination. Thank you!


Afrikaans | العربية | Български | বাংলা | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | עברית | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Íslenska | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Norsk nynorsk | Norsk bokmål | Occitan | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Shqip | Српски / srpski | Svenska | Türkçe | українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

-mattbuck (Talk) 16:57, 13 April 2015 (UTC)

Notification about possible deletion[edit]

Commons-emblem-issue.svg Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.

If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
Please remember to respond to and – if appropriate – contradict the arguments supporting deletion. Arguments which focus on the nominator will not affect the result of the nomination. Thank you!


Afrikaans | العربية | Български | বাংলা | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | עברית | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Íslenska | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Norsk nynorsk | Norsk bokmål | Occitan | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Shqip | Српски / srpski | Svenska | Türkçe | українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

Affected:

And also:

Yours sincerely, -mattbuck (Talk) 19:16, 13 April 2015 (UTC)

File:Mazda Roadster (14562635439).jpg[edit]

Commons-emblem-issue.svg File:Mazda Roadster (14562635439).jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.

If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Please remember to respond to and – if appropriate – contradict the arguments supporting deletion. Arguments which focus on the nominator will not affect the result of the nomination. Thank you!


Afrikaans | العربية | Български | বাংলা | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | עברית | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Íslenska | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Norsk nynorsk | Norsk bokmål | Occitan | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Shqip | Српски / srpski | Svenska | Türkçe | українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

OSX II (talk) 02:06, 22 May 2015 (UTC)

File:Peugeot ??? (15395793999).jpg[edit]

Commons-emblem-issue.svg File:Peugeot ??? (15395793999).jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.

If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Please remember to respond to and – if appropriate – contradict the arguments supporting deletion. Arguments which focus on the nominator will not affect the result of the nomination. Thank you!


Afrikaans | العربية | Български | বাংলা | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | עברית | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Íslenska | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Norsk nynorsk | Norsk bokmål | Occitan | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Shqip | Српски / srpski | Svenska | Türkçe | українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

OSX (talkcontributions) 06:19, 17 July 2015 (UTC)

Crediting your public domain photographs[edit]

Hi Editor5807,

I've just started a minority interest group on Yahoo! which aims to be an archive of photographs of vehicles which have Isle of Wight 'HW' registrations, from 1/9/2001 onwards. As a bit of a church lover too I hit pay dirt when I found your photograph of All Saints' Gurnard. A church _and_ cars with HW registrations!

I would like to use your photograph from Commons, in a slightly cropped down size, to fit the Yahoo! Neo Group homepage fixed letter box picture format. I would like to check with you how you would prefer to be credited? Do you just want me to put 'Home page photo author: Editor5807'? I shall put that at the moment and if you wish me to change that to something else of your choice please let me know.

Many thanks in advance and kind regards,

Miceal (HW-registrations Yahoo! Group) — Preceding unsigned comment added by HW-registrations (talk • contribs) 17:22, 25 October 2016 (UTC)

Share your experience and feedback as a Wikimedian in this global survey[edit]

  1. This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
  2. Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.

Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey[edit]

(Sorry to write in Engilsh)

Notification about possible deletion[edit]

Commons-emblem-issue.svg Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.

If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
Please remember to respond to and – if appropriate – contradict the arguments supporting deletion. Arguments which focus on the nominator will not affect the result of the nomination. Thank you!


Afrikaans | العربية | Български | বাংলা | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | עברית | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Íslenska | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Norsk nynorsk | Norsk bokmål | Occitan | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Shqip | Српски / srpski | Svenska | Türkçe | українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

Affected:


Yours sincerely, ShakespeareFan00 (talk) 08:49, 20 May 2017 (UTC)

File:Premier Inn (11859042583).jpg[edit]

Pay attention to copyright
File:Premier Inn (11859042583).jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk.

The file you added has been deleted. If you believe that the deletion was not in accordance with policy, you may request undeletion.

Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.


Afrikaans | العربية | Asturianu | Azərbaycanca | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Български | বাংলা‎ | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Español | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | עברית | Magyar | Հայերեն | Bahasa Indonesia | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Luxembourgish | Македонски | മലയാളം | Bahasa Melayu | Malti | မြန်မာဘာသာ | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Norsk nynorsk | Norsk bokmål | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Svenska | ไทย | Türkçe | Українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

Ubcule (talk) 22:21, 1 July 2017 (UTC)

Notification about possible deletion[edit]

Commons-emblem-issue.svg Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.

If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
Please remember to respond to and – if appropriate – contradict the arguments supporting deletion. Arguments which focus on the nominator will not affect the result of the nomination. Thank you!


Afrikaans | العربية | Български | বাংলা | Беларуская (тарашкевіца)‎ | Català | Čeština | Dansk | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form)‎ | Zazaki | Ελληνικά | English | Esperanto | Español | Eesti | فارسی | Suomi | Français | Galego | עברית | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Íslenska | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | Македонски | മലയാളം | Plattdüütsch | Nederlands | Norsk nynorsk | Norsk bokmål | Occitan | Polski | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Русский | Slovenčina | Slovenščina | Shqip | Српски / srpski | Svenska | Türkçe | українська | Tiếng Việt | 中文 | 中文(简体)‎ | 中文(繁體)‎ | +/−

Affected:


Yours sincerely, Sealle (talk) 03:46, 4 August 2017 (UTC)