User talk:Ellie Dahl
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 18:55, 14 May 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Ellie Dahl!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Susan Polgar 6.jpg was uncategorized on 16 July 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:12, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
I've sent you an Email via Wikipedia's "Special:EmailUser" page. Can you please read it? Don't let Anonymous4223 threaten or intimidate you. Anonymous4223 is a sockpuppet of Infinitysnake and possesses a clear bias against th3j35t3r. Anonymous4223 is everything that she claims to be countering (a sockpuppeteer and a biased editor). --Michaeldsuarez (talk) 11:08, 14 August 2013 (UTC)