More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
In response to your question here, per Commons:Licensing images on commons need to be free for commercial use and derivative works. The NC in the license indicates that is not free to be used commercially, which means it does not (currently) satisfy commons requirements. Giggy (talk) 11:19, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Manual Dados Abertos.pdf was uncategorized on 30 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:00, 31 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Juliana Bastos - embaixadores.ogv was uncategorized on 6 December 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:35, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
You must document the source of the image and the permission by asking the photographer about a valid license and forwarding the reply to OTRS. Otherwise the photo will be deleted. Jeblad (talk) 23:28, 10 October 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, Jeblad. My friend Leandro Uchoas will send a confirmation to permissions-commons-ptwikimedia.org. Best, --Everton137 (talk) 01:55, 11 October 2014 (UTC)
Notification about possible deletion
|Some contents have been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether they should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at their entry.
If you created these pages, please note that the fact that they have been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with them.
Yours sincerely, 1989 23:29, 6 December 2014 (UTC)