User talk:Ex nihil
Creating discussion page. More to follow.
Hello, you wrote "for use within Wikipedia only". This restriction is not allowed for files on Commons, see Commons:Licensing. You have to remove this statement from the images description, otherwise the image will be deleted. --GeorgHH • talk 10:06, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Ex nihil!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:48, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Aagaard NTLA Speaker.jpg was uncategorized on 24 August 2009.