|This user is inactive until further notice.|
|Real life stuff, like driving vans across the country and hospital visits, are likely to keep me away from a keyboard for most of the time until late August.
For requests relating to Chapter projects, or if you are connected to the UK Chapter, please email me rather than writing on-wiki or on this page. I am an independent unpaid volunteer and a founder of Wikimedia LGBT+, with no affiliation or current membership of any other organization.
- 1 More photos for commons
- 2 DoD / DVIDS PD release of images by non-military photographers
- 3 FP Promotion
- 4 File:Boeing 727-2B6(Adv), Royal Air Maroc (RAM) JP106646.jpg
- 5 File:Boeing 727-2B6(Adv), Royal Air Maroc (RAM) JP5870447.jpg
- 6 File:A man urinates in a milk bucket in a cowshed. Colour photome Wellcome V0011869.jpg
- 7 Category:Photographs by Carol M. Highsmith
More photos for commons
For these three historical characters there are other photos for commons:
- Category:Makarij: missing photos from this Russian site;
- Category:Koyata Yamamoto: from this site, and a best photo with Mushanokoji and the painting;
- Category:Saneatsu Mushanokōji: more photos research. --126.96.36.199 16:02, 3 May 2016 (UTC)
- Then, can you edit this photos for me, please? --188.8.131.52 07:39, 4 May 2016 (UTC)
- Sorry, after reading the bad faith allegations from User:Jalexander-WMF, I will put this on hold unless I get a statement from the WMF that is not an implied threat to block me were I to investigate the uploads. Thanks --Fæ (talk) 08:47, 11 May 2016 (UTC)
- The discussion on meta with the WMF does not appear to have lifted the presumption of bad faith for your use of IP addresses. Thank you for the suggestion, but I am unhappy being placed under the direct threat of an unappealable WMF office block should I help you with these. If you wish to put a case that you are not a banned user, I suggest you take this up with any of the interested WMF employees behind this position, such as @Mdennis (WMF), Kalliope (WMF):. Thanks --Fæ (talk) 11:24, 15 May 2016 (UTC)
DoD / DVIDS PD release of images by non-military photographers
- Reference DR: Commons:Deletion requests/File:F-35C Lightning II at-sea trials 141104-N-ZZ999-017.jpg
- Correspondence with DVIDS: User:Fæ/email/DoD#DVIDS
- Correspondence complete, reference added to the above email link. --Fæ (talk) 17:13, 21 May 2016 (UTC)
The image File:Fine Art, War and peace (Honorable Mention) 141202-F-PO994-001.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Fine Art, War and peace (Honorable Mention) 141202-F-PO994-001.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
Commons:Deletion requests/File:Boeing 727-2B6(Adv), Royal Air Maroc (RAM) JP106646.jpg Anidaat (talk) 06:26, 18 August 2016 (UTC)
Commons:Deletion requests/File:Boeing 727-2B6(Adv), Royal Air Maroc (RAM) JP5870447.jpg Anidaat (talk) 06:28, 18 August 2016 (UTC)
|File:A man urinates in a milk bucket in a cowshed. Colour photome Wellcome V0011869.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
- @Slowking4: I took a quick look but my existing way of uploading from the LoC does not work when there are gallery pages of photos within items. This can be added to my script, but due to urgent real life commitments, it will take a while for me to get to it. --Fæ (talk) 04:30, 5 August 2016 (UTC)
- @Slowking4: Looked at this for 30mins today, uploading by LoC search term rather than collection looks easier. I need to factor in my newer ways of doing chunked uploads and use a bit of parallel threading to make it efficient. I'm busy/travelling for a couple of days, but will probably get to trialling a 'upload from LoC using a search term' by the weekend. This will ignore 'groups of images', but I can return to those later on. --Fæ (talk) 10:45, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
- @Slowking4: The LOC are now using CloudFlare to protect access, which was rather annoyingly blocking my automated access. Anyway, this forced me to spoof access a little, which is something I'd rather not have to do as it feels sneaky like I'm hacking CloudFlare. The other issue is the more recent bug of error types not working properly in Pywikibot, this makes it hard to upload a jpeg and a TIFF version of the same image using the same filename. I can fix this with a bit more sneakiness that I've used elsewhere, but I don't want to invest a lot of time while the weather is good in London, so I'll plan on returning to it later. But now skip these and take just the first TIFF match on an item page (there may be more than one in some instances, but I'm not sure why), which will obstruct Pywikibot 'normal' scripts from loading the jpeg version. Out of interest an old debug option of mine is logging these failures at User:Fæ/sandboxL. This is on the suspicion that the TIFF is a better archive version, but that's just an assumption. The cross-links will not be working
and I'm not using a creator template, but I'll let it run as the result is pretty good as a start. The upload rate will be modest (as I write it's 2 photos/min), but that's no bad thing if there are formats changes or other issues in the first few hundred. If I get back and fix the remaining bugs, the upload rate could faster for the remainder.
- You can find the new files at petscan report. --Fæ (talk) 10:25, 25 August 2016 (UTC)