|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Thank you so much for grabbing a picture of the Salem roundhouse foundation! It's one hell of a unique view, and I was worried I wouldn't manage to get out to photograph it before the garage is built on top.
Hello. I just wanted to let you know that I have granted autopatrol rights to your account; the reason for this is that I believe you are sufficiently trustworthy and experienced to have your contributions automatically sighted. This will have no effect on your editing, and is simply intended to help users watching Recent changes or Recent uploads to find unproductive edits amidst the productive ones. Thank you. INeverCry 23:48, 6 January 2013 (UTC)
Picture of the Year voting round 1 open
Wikimedia Commons is happy to announce that the 2012 Picture of the Year competition is now open. We're interested in your opinion as to which images qualify to be the Picture of the Year for 2012. Voting is open to established Wikimedia users who meet the following criteria:
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Tue, 01 Jan 2013 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2012 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
Hundreds of images that have been rated Featured Pictures by the international Wikimedia Commons community in the past year are all entered in this competition. From professional animal and plant shots to breathtaking panoramas and skylines, restorations of historically relevant images, images portraying the world's best architecture, maps, emblems, diagrams created with the most modern technology, and impressive human portraits, Commons features pictures of all flavors.
For your convenience, we have sorted the images into topic categories. Two rounds of voting will be held: In the first round, you can vote for as many images as you like. The first round category winners and the top ten overall will then make it to the final. In the final round, when a limited number of images are left, you must decide on the one image that you want to become the Picture of the Year.
To see the candidate images just go to the POTY 2012 page on Wikimedia Commons
Wikimedia Commons celebrates our featured images of 2012 with this contest. Your votes decide the Picture of the Year, so remember to vote in the first round by January 30, 2013.
the Wikimedia Commons Picture of the Year committee
I've removed the tag. I'll email the church and ask why the heck they think it's their photograph but I'm not sure I'll get a response. The ticket has had a note attached to it saying it's not their's. Panyd (talk) 12:46, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, got it figured out. Don't worry - tag won't come back on. Panyd (talk) 12:49, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
Your photographs of Salem Historic Buildings,
just amazing, please keep posting,,, all the best!
plase add some to the timeline of salem page
File:Lightning Ferry Leaving Boston Harbor.jpg
- Thanks. :-) I only take the ferry about once a year but it's always fun to see all the activity out on the water.Fletcher6 (talk) 01:02, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
|File:Woodchuck Hard Cider.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.