User talk:Carol Fenijn
|File:Pvddbadge.jpg has been marked as a possible copyright violation. Wikimedia Commons only accepts free content—that is, images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Traditional copyright law does not grant these freedoms, and unless noted otherwise, everything you find on the web is copyrighted and not permitted here. For details on what is acceptable, please read Commons:Licensing. You may also find Commons:Copyright rules useful, or you can ask questions about Commons policies at the Commons:Help desk.
Wikimedia Commons takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
- Hi Vera, I made a picture of myself wearing a badge, I thought that would be my copyright, as it is my interpretation and representation of the badge. Why would my picture be a copyright violation and your picture of a simson kit not? https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Simson_kit_(3).JPG Carol Fenijn (talk) 18:30, 6 April 2016 (UTC)
- The graphic on the badge is way more complicated than a generic drawing of a bicycle. That you took the picture is irrelevant since it's the drawing on the badge that is the subject of the picture, see com:dw Vera (talk) 16:27, 7 April 2016 (UTC)
Your image depicts a distinct cartoon character. Copyright is given to complex creations. That this creation is worn on clothing is irrelevant, you're not allowed to reproduce and publish it without permission of its original author. The bicycle drawing is so generic that individual authors can come up with the same thing independent from each other.--Vera (talk) 08:27, 8 April 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Vera, thanks for your reply. I think copyright laws do not only cover pictures but also text, and the combination of text + picture on your photo is copyrighted! Anyway, I may pursue this at some later point, for now I will let this rest. Cheers, Carol Fenijn (talk) 16:31, 8 April 2016 (UTC)
Afrikaans | беларуская (тарашкевіца) | български | বাংলা | Deutsch | Deutsch (Sie-Form) | Ελληνικά | English | español | suomi | français | עברית | हिन्दी | magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | македонски | Nederlands | polski | português | svenska | українська | +/−
Hello Carol Fenijn,
the following content you uploaded is not free and therefore has been or will soon be deleted:
The Wikimedia Commons (this website) only hosts media files which can be used for any purpose, including:
- use in any work, regardless of content
- creation of derivative works
- commercial use
- free distribution
See Commons:Licensing for the copyright policy on Wikimedia Commons, and Commons:Image casebook for some specific examples. Some other Wikimedia projects have different licensing policies. For example, the English Wikipedia allows fair use of sounds and photographs. This is not the case on Wikimedia Commons; "fair use" materials are not acceptable here.Please make sure that you only upload works you have created yourself, those which are out of copyright, or those for which you have the required permission for the work to be used in all the ways described above. Please note that derivative works of copyrighted material are also considered copyrighted. Again, please read through Commons:Licensing, which is quite crucial to understanding how Wikimedia Commons works. Thanks for your contribution, and please do leave me a message if you have further questions.
- File:IQ certificate.png
- File:Sample IQ certificate of Metis.png
- File:Sample IQ certificate in Dutch.png
- File:Sample IQ certificate.jpg
- Thanks for the clarification, Christian. At any rate for the metis certificate I did get permission by email, but I shall ask whether they will indicate that themselves on this site. Carol (talk) 07:39, 29 November 2016 (UTC)