More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel irc:wikimedia-commons #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons talk:Licensing.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Mabry Mill Blue Ridge Parkway.jpg was uncategorized on 31 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:06, 1 November 2011 (UTC)
Quality Image Promotion
Your image has been reviewed and promoted
Congratulations! Grist-mill-creek-reflections - West Virginia - ForestWander.jpg, which was produced by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status.
If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
We also invite you to take part in the categorization of recently promoted quality images.
Good quality. very nice. --Ralf Roletschek 13:08, 7 September 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for contributing such magnificent pictures. I've browsed some of them and I'm very impressioned by them. I also like your motivation to show people God's creation.