|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Tip: Categorizing images
- 2 File tagging File:Ferbo.jpg
- 3 Wikimedia Commons has a specific scope
- 4 File:Peackock Butterfly 1.jpg
- 5 File:Bin Laden 1.jpg
- 6 Lingála
- 7 TUSC token bdae0e4e6e79ab3929cadf8c8777b1ea
- 8 TUSC token 1c74b5b535226e13784837ed1f3ee372
- 9 Map of Punjab 1909
- 10 Former Diocese of Beverley map
- 11 File:Aristide Maillol - The Night.jpg
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Teesville Infant School.jpg was uncategorized on 20 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 21 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Eston Nab 2.jpg was uncategorized on 29 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Eston Nab - Hillfort defences.jpg was uncategorized on 29 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Eston Nab - Iron Age hillfort.jpg was uncategorized on 29 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Eston nab beacon.jpg was uncategorized on 29 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:42, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Flatts Lane Country Park 2 logo.jpg was uncategorized on 15 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ormesby St Cuthberts Church.jpg was uncategorized on 18 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ormesby St Cuthberts Church 1.jpg was uncategorized on 18 August 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:45, 19 August 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Ugthorpe Aaron Hart's Bacon Factory - 1973.jpg was uncategorized on 17 August 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:47, 18 August 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Mongo family in Equateur Province.jpg was uncategorized on 9 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:17, 10 October 2011 (UTC)
File tagging File:Ferbo.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Ferbo.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (
Wikimedia Commons has a specific scope
Thank you for your contributions. Your image or other content, Ormesby, was recently deleted, or will soon be deleted, in accordance with our process and policies, because it was not, or is not, within our scope. Please review our project scope, but in short, Commons is targeted at educational media files including photographs, diagrams, animations, music, spoken text and video clips. The expression “educational” is to be understood according to its broad meaning of “providing knowledge; instructional or informative”. Wikimedia Commons does not contain text articles like encyclopedia articles, textbooks, news, word definitions and such. Each of these other kinds of content have their own projects: Wikipedia, Wikibooks, Wikisource, Wikinews, Wiktionary and Wikiquote.
If the content seems to fit the scope of one of those other projects, please consider contributing it there. Otherwise, consider an alternative outlet. If you think that the deletion was in error because the contribution really was in scope, you can appeal it at Commons:Undeletion requests, giving a reason why it fits our scope to help others evaluate the matter. Thank you for your understanding.
21:06, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
There seems to be a problem regarding the description and/or licensing of this particular file. It has been found that you've added in the image's description only a Template that's not a license and although it provides useful information about the image, it's not a valid license. Could you please resolve this problem, adding the license in the image linked above? You can edit the description page and change the text. Uploading a new version of the file does not change the description of the file. This page may give you more hints on which license to choose. Thank you.
|Wikimedia Commons does not accept derivative works of non-free works such as File:Bin Laden 1.jpg. It only accepts free content, which is images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Reproductions of copyrighted works are also subject to the same copyright, and therefore this file must unfortunately be considered non-free. For more information, please read Commons:Derivative works and Commons:Freedom of panorama. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added has been deleted. If you believe that this file was not a derivative work of a non-free work, you may request undeletion.
Dear Francish7 If you have a good working knowledge of Lingála (and French), you may be interested to be involved in the Lingála Wikipedia?. If you drop in, you are welcome! --Eruedin (talk) 06:35, 17 June 2011 (UTC)
TUSC token bdae0e4e6e79ab3929cadf8c8777b1ea
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
TUSC token 1c74b5b535226e13784837ed1f3ee372
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Map of Punjab 1909
Former Diocese of Beverley map
Hi, you recently made a map for the Former Diocese of Beverley. I'm sorry to be nit-picking but the map needs to be corrected. Where it says York on File:The former Roman Catholic Diocese of Beverley.gif it actually shows the location of the city of Leeds. It appears the Former Diocese of Beverley map is an edited version of the File:Province of Liverpool.png and on that map shows where Leeds is. The city of York is roughly located on the boundary between the dioceses of Leeds and Middlesbrough. It would be a good idea to place the cross for York in its correct place on the Former Diocese of Beverley map, or just blank it out and don't leave any cross. Warmest regards Scrivener-uki (talk) 12:06, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
- When I first read your message, I thought, "Yeah, it is nit-picking ... just because it's not positioned with pinpoint accuracy ..." But when I recalled where I'd placed the cross, it dawned on me that I'd made a mistake. What I must have done is imagined the Diocese of Middlesbrough boundary, without thinking about the Leeds Diocese. I live in the Middlesbrough Diocese and so I'm familiar with the position of York - but the unusual map of Beverley threw me a bit. So, now I can say, "Thank you very much for pointing out my error!" After all that's what collaborative editing is all about. I've dragged the cross up to the correct (I hope) position. With very best wishes Francis Hannaway (talk) 18:39, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for repositioning the cross and the York name tag. If you take a look at the File:Yorkshire_Ridings.png map, you'll see that York is where the three ridings meet together, and that is the position where the cross for York is on the File:The former Roman Catholic Diocese of Beverley.gif. Once again, thanks for fixing the map. Scrivener-uki (talk) 19:52, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
|File:Aristide Maillol - The Night.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.