Best place to contact me is here in case I miss your message on this page.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:52, 24 October 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Lensmall.jpg was uncategorized on 23 October 2009.
- Image:Cforbes.jpg was uncategorized on 23 October 2009.
- Image:Rur.jpg was uncategorized on 17 June 2010 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 18 June 2010 (UTC)
- Image:Johnwilliamsterling.jpg was uncategorized on 4 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:16, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Benjamin Silliman, Jr..jpg was uncategorized on 4 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:16, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Charles Downing.jpg was uncategorized on 4 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 13:16, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Russell Cheney.jpg was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:34, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Sparkman.jpg was uncategorized on 5 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:34, 6 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Tiki Gardens - Ku.jpg was uncategorized on 17 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:11, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
|Wikimedia Commons does not accept derivative works of non-free works such as File:TwilightAustralia.jpg. It only accepts free content, which is images and other media files that can be used by anyone, for any purpose. Reproductions of copyrighted works are also subject to the same copyright, and therefore this file must unfortunately be considered non-free. For more information, please read Commons:Derivative works and Commons:Freedom of panorama. You can ask questions about Commons policies in Commons:Help desk.
The file you added has been deleted. If you believe that this file was not a derivative work of a non-free work, you may request undeletion.
Just in case
|File:Albert Schlechten.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.