More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 05:45, 31 May 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Pùzdrowò - przed domem ks. Sychty.JPG is uncategorized since 30 May 2009.
Hi! Mógłbyś pisać przy kwalifikacji pliku do zmiany nazwy coś w rodzaju "more descriptive name"? Ułatwiło by to mi pracę i byłoby jaśniejsze dla "non Polish speakers". Dziękuję za zrozumienie i pozdrawiam. Electron <Talk?> 13:37, 25 February 2011 (UTC)
Your given cause for a renaming was Change from completely meaningless names into suitable names, according to what the image displays. - this is completely untrue. The image name was completely valide. The photographer is a german, so the use of the german name is also in no way a problem. Against the will of the photographer we don't rename such images! And one thing more: I made an adminstrative decission. You can request a second opinion - no problem. I may be not right in what I've done. But you are not allowed to undo my decission! The next time I have to report this as vandalism! Marcus Cyron (talk) 13:34, 23 September 2014 (UTC)
|File:Saint Nicholas church in Gniew.JPG has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia survey
(Sorry to write in Engilsh)