Hi. Do you know where this image comes from? Where was it first printed, where did you get it? Jkelly 19:03, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 13:53, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Flögelner See.jpg was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Flögeln, Panorama 1.JPG was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
- Image:Dorumer Siel.JPG was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
A note to Geoz
Thank you so much the wonderful high-res photo of a peatland. This photo is taken from http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ahlenmoor_%28renaturiert%29.JPG
I'd like to inform you that I will be using your photo in an educational book publication. Could you pls let me know if you require the photo to be credited in your name? If you do, pls drop me a mail at email@example.com
Thank you! And will be glad to hear from you.
File tagging File:Supermüller 1.jpeg
|This media may be deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Supermüller 1.jpeg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (firstname.lastname@example.org). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
Unless the permission information is given, the image may be deleted after seven days. Thank you.