User talk:Giorgi Balakhadze
The image File:Black Cliffs' Lake, Lagodekhi Protected Area, Georgia.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Black Cliffs' Lake, Lagodekhi Protected Area, Georgia.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
The image File:Black Cliffs' Lake, Lagodekhi Protected Area, Georgia 02.jpg, that you nominated on Commons:Featured picture candidates/File:Black Cliffs' Lake, Lagodekhi Protected Area, Georgia 02.jpg has been promoted. Thank you for your contribution. If you would like to nominate another image, please do so.
Wiki Loves Monuments translations missing
Hi Giorgi Balakhadze, I noticed that some translations in Georgian are still missing for Wiki Loves Monuments. Can you provide them? See: Commons talk:Wiki Loves Monuments 2016/Upload campaigns. You can provide them on that page. Thanks! Romaine (talk) 17:59, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
Borjomi Central Mineral Park
Hello! As you know, I'm contributing in WLM in Georgia. Could you tell me which park in Borjomi (on this list:LINK) is a Borjomi Central Mineral Park? The first one with number 478? Or maybe other park, with number 6307 or 6308? Borjomi Central Mineral Park is located here: 41° 50′ 8.44″ N, 43° 23′ 32.13″ E Thanks in advance for the help Halavar (talk) 14:44, 29 September 2016 (UTC)
- Halavar I think it is the first one (478). Thanks for your contribution there.--g. balaxaZe★ 19:29, 29 September 2016 (UTC)
Georgian road signs
Hi Giorgi! Thank you for your talk! I'm sorry for mistakes in Georgian alphabet mistakes in making Georgian road signs...I can't understand a single character in your alphabet, so I used Google translate for making text in your alphabet... Thank you for correct for me Georgian road signs...if you can't do it please tell it to me! :) If you know if there are other signs to make please write to me and I'll make them! Thank you a lot!!! And feel free to write me! Thanks! --Gigillo83 (talk) 07:11, 5 October 2016 (UTC)
- Gigillo83 here at the bottom ► http://sagency.ge/index.php?m=185 you can find list of all and official road signs unfortunately web-site is only in Georgia.--g. balaxaZe★ 07:32, 5 October 2016 (UTC)
- Hi! Thank you for your answer...as I can see, signs I've put in the italian page wikipedia https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Segnaletica_stradale_in_Georgia (where are all Georgian signs)are quite all correct..is it? Thank you again! --Gigillo83 (talk) 13:06, 5 October 2016 (UTC)
Please do not change the copyright licence from the one on Flickr to a different one as you did with File:Port of Batumi, Georgia.jpg which has a cc-by-2.0 but you made it cc-by-sa-2.0. The copyright holder's licence must be respected, so please be more careful in future. The rest of your uploads I looked at seem ok but if you uploaded other images that might also now be wrong please go back to them and correct the copyright tags. Thanks. Ww2censor (talk) 12:51, 18 October 2016 (UTC)
Why are you changing maps like this?
Why did you change File:Europe religion map en.png and remove the Armenian majority population in Georgia? Armenians are the most common ethnicity there and so is the Armenian Orthodox religion. Also I looked at your other contributions and you change so many European maps of EU countries and remove the disputed parts except for Kosovo that you left with disputed border. You removed Nagorno-Karabakh, Abkhazia , South Ossetia, Transnistria and Northern Cyprus. Some of them are even recognised by un members and you entirely removed them. You are Georgian and there is and obvious opinion that you have about those regions and you went and remove them from maps. That is not very neutral. Also you made maps of Eu-Georgia, EU-Moldova and EU-Ukraine but they are not members of the EU. You changed File:Georgia (orthographic projection with inset).svg too and changed those unrecognised parts of Georgia, but why? Change back all of the biased changes you did to the maps. I have never edited Wikipedia before and I don't know how to change any maps, I can only revert. --Gyumrilak (talk) 02:05, 26 October 2016 (UTC)
- Gyumrilak maybe because of your lack of knowledge of wiki policies you have those questions, first of all maps about EU were created without conflict regions so it is against policy to overwrite. Second it is free to create maps about EU Georgia or etc even if they are not members of it, sure it won't be used in articles at the moment but maybe some people find this useful for their presentations or etc. Third I edited File:Europe religion map en.png because its borders in Georgia were very incorrect, it shows all Samtskhe-Javakheti except Borjomi Municipality as Armenian majority that is not true (You can see this in our 2014 census). Now I'll try to highlight Ninotsminda and Akhalkalaki. If we want to be fear we must show true borders.--g. balaxaZe★ 07:44, 26 October 2016 (UTC)
- And please assure good faith toward other users "because you are Georgian" means nothing in Wikipedia, when we change something we have explanations or policies and they have nothing with nationality.--g. balaxaZe★ 08:01, 26 October 2016 (UTC)
Hello Giorgi, I know that you probably had no influence in the decision of the jury of this year's contest of WLM in Georgia, but still I wanted to express my surprise and disappointment about the fact that this picture didn't make it among the top 10. I even believed that it could end up quite high in the international contest and the feedback it got here in the project was overwhelming (23 supporting votes in 5 days is something you don't see everyday). It is, in fact a crispy 47 MP wowing image of a very relevant georgian monument. Really a pity that it was not highlighted (or just hightlighted as favourite). I usually don't express my opinion in public but in this case I feel I had. I do of course respect the jury assessement and congratulate the winners, but cannot really share this decision. Best regards, Poco2 15:57, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
- Poc I really share your opinion, personally I'm very upset even now. I saw your photo and yes it should be among top-10 or even in top-3 but I don't know what to think I've asked several questions to international organizers about the voting tool and etc. I had no single touch with photos and that's why I've no idea for what people were voting. One I can say that I am disappointed maybe more than you :/--g. balaxaZe★ 16:11, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
- That's funny. I had a problem in Poland 2 years ago. I couldn't get a prize because I didn't have a polish social security number! :( So, I just checked the rules again and didn't find anything in that direction. If you tell me you cannot undestand it, either, what should I say? Did the jury assess that image? maybe there was a clinch with the tool? Well, whatever, no clue, as said, disappointed, that's life. Poco2 16:23, 1 November 2016 (UTC) PD: Btw, you should crop the images with watermarks, as they will be discarded immediately by the international jury (I was part of it, I know what I say). Watermarks are not really welcome in Commons.
- Poc As for now it became clear that your photo was not included even in the first round so jurors simply didn't see it. Your photo is not an exception we have other missed photos as well. At the moment organizers are working on this issue. I hope for the best outcome.--g. balaxaZe★ 18:42, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
- In a WLM category we have 6,893 photos but in the first round 6,494 photos--g. balaxaZe★ 18:43, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
- Hello Giorgi, I see, buf, that's suboptimal. I uploaded my pictures very late (sept 29th), maybe the last 2 days where not considered. The good thing is that the delta is not very big, only 400 images and that could be checked in a short time window, given that the international org is open to that. To me now all this makes sense. Thank you! Poco2 19:24, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
- I must say, that I was surprised also, when I didn't find any of my images in the final TOP 10. First I thought, that I can't be in the finals, because I'm not a Georgian citizen. But now I see, that there is a bigger technical problem. Nice detective work Giorgi - thanks! BTW, hope to see Diego Delso's image from Sioni Cathedral in the TOP 10:) --Halavar (talk) 21:06, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
- Здравствуйте! Присоединюсь к обсуждению (извините за русский язык - по-английски будет более коряво :) ) После просмотра раздела Favourites и Топ-10 мне, как минимум, показалось странным, что ни фото https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Uplistsikhe_-_Church_over_the_Hills.jpg , ни https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:The_Svetitskhoveli_Cathedral_-_01.jpg , ни https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:"The_Wizard%27s_Mansion".jpg нигде не засветились (даже не были номинированы на Quality, Valued или Featured images). И хотелось бы знать - они вообще попали на рассмотрение жюри? Ввозможно они просто не соответствуют требованиям и значительно уступают другим в качестве, но смотря на Топ-10 вопрос для меня остается актуальным. Спасибо. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Moahim (talk • contribs) 17:28, 02 November 2016 (UTC)
@Moahim: привет! Ответ тот-же, выяснилось что механизм оценки с самого начала пропустил более 400 фото и многие из пропущенных были из категории хороших фото, сейчас наш жюри оценивает пропущенные фото. Я выяснил что ваши выше упомянутые фото были также в числе пропущенных.--g. balaxaZe★ 19:06, 2 November 2016 (UTC)
- Я перепроверил Моахим оказывается их оценили но они не прошли в топ.--g. balaxaZe★ 19:55, 2 November 2016 (UTC)
Спасибо за ответ. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Moahim (talk • contribs) 20:21, 02 November 2016 (UTC)
Hi all. (ping Poco a poco) Just a quick update: because of this comment, and other signals, we have looked into Georgia more closely, and it seems that a number of images (around 500) was not included in the pool considered by the local jury originally, because of a combination of a human error of choosing the wrong category, and the fact that a number of images that were edited after the closing date were excluded. This has been addressed by running another selection by the local jury with only those skipped images, and then a second round where the top-10 of the original selection was compared with the top-10 of the skipped images. I have not seen the outcome of that final round yet, so I can't say anything whether the mentioned picture was finally included by the jury or not (which wasn't the point of the additional effort). I'd like to give special thanks to the jury for going through this last minute extra effort. Effeietsanders (talk) 18:34, 3 November 2016 (UTC)
- Hello Giorgi, Effeietsanders, I really appreciate that last sprint of the jury to go for that extra mile, also the efforts or Giorgi to clarify the topic and last but not least the flexibility of the international organisation to accept those changes after the deadline. Inbetween the new finalists have been published, and I am a bit surprised about the result (by far not as when I decided to open this thread :) ). It's a pity not to see any of those nice pics of Halavar among the top 10 but now, and I think that it was the most important, the jury has assessed all participating pictures... Poco2 21:31, 3 November 2016 (UTC)
- Poc We took only top-10 from 500 pics. One of Halvar's photos was 13th (I liked his photos as well). This was first time for Georgia next time I am sure will be more settled and will win even more better photos.--g. balaxaZe★ 22:07, 3 November 2016 (UTC)
- Well good to know, that those 500 photos was added to the examination by the jury. Thank you all: Poco a poco, Giorgi and Effeietsanders for your great work and thanks for the nice words about my images and work here on Commons:) Well I must say, that I'm dissapointed that none of my photos was in the final TOP-10. Instead of fully participate in the Wiki Loves Monuments in Malaysia, I decided to spend lots of hours to participate in the Georgia's edition, identifying objects of cultural heritage in Georgia (that was not easy) and upload 289 images (see them all here: http://stats.wikilovesmonuments.cl/georgia?user=Halavar), whom most of them are now Quality images, and some of them also Valued images. Probably in the next year I'm gonna be in Georgia again (of course to travelling and taking lots of pictures) but I think I'm not gonna participate in the WLM 2017 in Georgia. With my work, in September I don't have lots of time, most time I'm not in home, so I think it's better to spend my time in other editions of WLM 2017. --Halavar (talk) 13:06, 5 November 2016 (UTC)
- Halavar This is what WLM 2016 jury decided don't be so disappointed this was first time for us and yes it was not all best. Next time we will take more time we will be more prepared and I am sure we will have more better photos (this is my personal opinion). I really appreciate your work and thanks once again for that!--g. balaxaZe★ 18:13, 5 November 2016 (UTC)
Quality Image Promotion
Congratulations! Black Cliffs' Lake, Lagodekhi Protected Area, Georgia 02.jpg, which was produced by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status.
If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.
Congratulations! Black Cliffs' Lake, Lagodekhi Protected Area, Georgia.jpg, which was produced by you, was reviewed and has now been promoted to Quality Image status.
If you would like to nominate another image, please do so at Quality images candidates.