More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
BotMultichillT 05:54, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Boulle armadio.jpg was uncategorized on 17 October 2009.
- Image:Pino.jpg was uncategorized on 8 December 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 10:43, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
TUSC token c66e1c8f33368f041e8ebd63c37136b9
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account! traduzione letterale: Sono ora orgoglioso proprietario di un conto Tusc!
The category is very crowded, and the File: Nomen.JPG is only written on the door but I can't see the door. i think the category: doors isn't the appropiate.
- "Written doors" makes little or no sense, I'll be moving this to "Doors with writing". - Jmabel ! talk 19:31, 2 January 2010 (UTC)
- Only for the history category written doors is delete and category:doors with writing is ready--gixie (talk) 11:31, 17 January 2010 (UTC)