|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- Hi, I've seen that you made edits like this one. The image was already included in the page Episyrphus balteatus, which is sorted into the category Category:Episyrphus. It does not make sens to put the images themself in this category too. So, I'll revert your edits. -- aka 19:17, 26 April 2006 (UTC)
You have created several categories about ice age, ending with BCE. In my opinion, this notation is inaccurate, since in geology years are counted before 1950, not before 1 AD. The correct notation is BP, for Before Present. --Juiced lemon 23:43, 5 July 2007 (UTC)
- Hi Juiced lemon - I will remember that when editing later - thanks. I not anyone else change it, I will change when I have the time. --Glenn 06:28, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
- Hi Juiced lemon - it has now been changed. --Glenn 07:37, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
- Category Pendulums Also I appreciated your efforts to categorize pictures, your recent modifications of the category:Pendulums might be not optimal, and I didn't categorized them myself because they were preliminary drawings. More sophisticated drawings of the same series have been classified among the sub-category:Foucault pendulum. I suggest you to move the categorization of Image:Foucault-reel-vitesse-nulle.png and Image:Pendule_de_Foucault-vitesse_nulle.png into the sub-category:Foucault pendulum, and, for example, to upgrade one of the most explanatory images of such a forced pendulum, for example Image:Foucault-anim.gif into your main category category:Pendulums.--Nbrouard 10:34, 9 July 2007 (UTC)
- Hi Nbrouard - Placing those article was a first categorisation, later me or other can move some of those article in some of the articles in subcategories. --Glenn 05:57, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
Hi. You are invited to discuss Category:Weighting scales at Commons:Categories for discussion/Current requests/2007/09#Category:Weighting_scales. — Jeff G. (talk|contribs) 04:38, 23 September 2007 (UTC)
Hi ! Thank you for the cleaning ! The place is now shining :) One remark : maybe Pulse amplitude modulation and Pulse width modulation should not be in Amplitude modulation, because they may contain only numerical modulation ? Regards --Zedh 00:08, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
- Hi Zedh - Thanx for your appreciation. I think of amplitude modulation as a broad category - and therefore encompasses all amplitude like modulation. Please read this:  Quote: "...A simple form of AM often used for digital communications is on-off keying, a type of amplitude-shift keying by which binary data is represented as the presence or absence of a carrier wave. This is commonly used at radio frequencies to transmit Morse code, referred to as continuous wave (CW) operation....". Regards --Glenn 22:29, 30 November 2007 (UTC)
Power cable edits
I saw your work on the pictures I uploaded. Well done! --Achim Hering 00:24, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks --Glenn 07:56, 27 January 2008 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 05:49, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
- Image:NICAM-spectrum.png is uncategorized since 14 February 2009. BotMultichillT 05:49, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
|File:NICAM-spectrum.png has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
- I uploaded it from en-wiki. en:User:Eyreland uploaded it to en-wiki 9. okt 2006, 00:58 and released it under public domain as written in the upload page. --Glenn (talk) 17:48, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
|Category:High-rises has been listed at Commons:Categories for discussion so that the community can discuss ways in which it should be changed. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this category, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for discussion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it. If the category is up for deletion because it has been superseded, consider the notion that although the category may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new category.
In all cases, please do not take the category discussion personally. It is never intended as such. Thank you!
I have removed your recent additions since the river has no connection to manifolds in either mathematics or engineering, so these categories are irrelevant. Cheers. Rodhullandemu (talk) 16:17, 5 August 2014 (UTC)