taking a break
Hi, you left me a message here: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Shwollo#email
Could you please explain me where should I add the email and what do you mean by "enable the email this user function"
Commons:Wiki Loves Monuments 2017 in Australia has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this project page, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it.
220.127.116.11 13:22, 1 September 2017 (UTC)
I'm writing you as one of the most active Commons users right now. Since a while now, the idea of a dedicated Commons conference has been floating around. But since the last Wikimania concrete steps have been taken to actually make it happen next year. If you're interested in participation or maybe willing to help organize the first ever Commons Conference, I invite you to check out the project page and leave your comments; or just show your support for the idea, by signing up.
Wiki Loves Monuments 2017 national nominations
@Gnangarra: I'm following up to make sure you have everything you need for your jury to start voting on the photos. I see that your campaign is ready, but round 1 has not been created in montage yet. If you have any question or there is something we can help you with, please ping me. Also, please remember that the deadline for submitting AU's nominations to the international team is October 31, 2017. This is a strict deadline. Thanks! :) --LilyOfTheWest (talk) 18:52, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Lily we started over night and will be completed before the deadline. Gnangarra 06:19, 16 October 2017 (UTC)
Wiki Loves Monuments 2017 jury
Hi @Gnangarra:, just by way of introduction, I am the international jury coordinator for Wiki Loves Monuments 2017, so I will be overseeing the international jury process over the coming weeks. I am writing because we have been looking through Montage, and it appears that you are the only person listed on the Australian jury. The competition rules state that local juries must have a minimum of three members, so we are reaching out to you now to get a better understanding of what your situation is and if we can somehow help to rectify the situation, if necessary. I am adding LilyOfTheWest to this conversation for her reference. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you --Nevborg (talk) 21:01, 24 October 2017 (UTC)
- Montage is just a tool, there is nothing to rectify. first pass eliminates those images that dont meet the basic size, information requirements, copyright, or any other rule criteria some of which montage does the rest I do as its all Wikiverse issues. Then judging is done as a collective sitting in one room by skilled photographers who arent Wikimedians no need to have multiple logins, this year doing a 1 through 5 sort, we then did a review of those rated 4 & 5, sadly there were very few 5s after that those still rated 5 are reviewed creating the final 10. The biggest issue we had was with the tool and not being able to close off rounds to record each step of the process, with the final selections being done external to montage and me just using montage after the event to keep the 10 as a group that can then be extracted by the international jury secondary to that was the ratio of what could be called good images(ones that would pass COM:QIC). Gnangarra 00:03, 25 October 2017 (UTC)
- Hi @Gnangarra: thank you for the clarification. If I understood correctly (and please correct me if I misunderstood), you are saying that the judging was done collectively, with only yourself accessing and logging results in Montage. Could you confirm that there were at least 3 judges forming part of this jury process? May I also ask you to kindly follow the instructions here in order to formally submit your photos? Please let me know if you have any questions or further clarifications. --Nevborg (talk) 10:54, 28 October 2017 (UTC)
Error 404 on your video
your medium File:Autonomous bus trials South Perth - 3.ogv produces a 404 (not found) error when trying to play it. Since the transcoding log shows a failure back in April I assume it is not a recent problem. Maybe you want to re-upload the medium. -- Renardo la vulpo (talk) 21:25, 28 December 2017 (UTC)
Dear Gnangarra. I am writing to inform you that you are in danger of losing your adminship on Commons because of inactivity.
If you want to keep your adminship, you need both to sign at Commons:Administrators/Inactivity section within 30 days of today's date, and also to make at least five further admin actions in the following six months. Anyone who does not do so will automatically lose administrator rights.
You can read the de-admin policy at Commons:Administrators/De-adminship.
- @Gnangarra: i think something went wrong here.. seems you signed the deadminship template. —TheDJ (talk • contribs) 10:59, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
- @TheDJ: its right on this page Commons:Administrators/Inactivity section/Feb-Mar 2018 and Juliancotton also signed after me that one is ok the diff is in that page history Gnangarra 11:16, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
File:Autonomous bus trials South Perth - 3.ogv has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this file, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue.
Thanks for your work - especially your plant images. I'm working through the Wikipedia pages of Diuris and have just expanded Diuris carinata. While I do not profess to be an expert, I think your image is of Diuris corymbosa rather than D. carinata. Reason? - colour around the callus. The labellum of D. carinata is mostly yellow except for a red-bown outline around the callus and a blotch nearer the tip. Also, the labellum mid-lobe is longer than the lateral lobes - in your image they appear about the same length. This page has some good images. I think these colours are the reason for the common name "bee orchid". Distribution might help - if your photo was taken well south of Perth it would be more likely to be D. carinata. Great pity if I'm right - it means there is no image on the D. carinata page. I would value your opinion. Gderrin (talk) 23:15, 24 March 2018 (UTC)
- @Gderrin: I never claim to be sufficiently knowledgeable to be positive on ids will happy be corrected. Description says not 100% certain, given it 12 years ago my best guess on it was taken in w:Kings Park which isnt help in that beside being natural bushland it also contains an area dedicated to the different flora found around, we have had id issues with banksias. Given all of that your reasoning is probably right identifying species I rely on Florabase who's information is derived from botanic surveys and collections by specialists. Which beside physical traits also takes into account the soil, location, time of year, and known to have been recorded there for something like diuris I would have just tried matching images and then location. I'll put D. carinata on my list and endeavour to get a photo for you when it flowers. Gnangarra 02:47, 25 March 2018 (UTC)
- Mate - that's great, thanks. I'll be over later in the year looking out for it (and lots of others) too. All the best to you. Gderrin (talk) 04:06, 25 March 2018 (UTC)
- Brilliant. Thanks, I'll do that. Gderrin (talk) 04:13, 25 March 2018 (UTC)
WLE Australia 2018
Hi there Gnangarra,
I think I remember seeing something in the WMAU mailing lists that you might need a hand with WLE judging for this year. If you do I'd love to take part. I've contributed a lot of detailed reviews at FPC over the years, and I'm known there, if that counts as relevant qualifications. You can look at User:Thennicke/Featured to see images I've helped promote to FP.
- @Thennicke: yes please more than happy to have the help, just remember you cant judge if you submit images to WLE. Gnangarra 09:34, 19 April 2018 (UTC)